The Student Room Group

Getting bullied from my uni teacher due to disability

I am really getting stressed out it is going on for too long and I let them get away but now I had enough of their bullying
My uni teacher are calling me lying about my disability (hearing disability and other) and have problem of me getting help from dsa
I went to demo my work and before I was done he was calling me lying and said he will not mark my work, calling me of cheating which I did not understand but I went to see him again in afternoon he knew he was wrong and passed my work so I left that alone.
Then I handed my other module work and then I was called for meeting because the teacher believe it was not my work
I went to this meeting they asked me how I did the work, I told them my dsa support give me English support, proof reading they said they will ring dsa will they confirm (trying to bully me) which I said of course they will
They asked me question, and i said due to hearing disability I don't understand
One of tutor said what disability you have, I said you should know he said he did not, I said you have notes and everything and are you saying am lying about my disability?
So I left the meeting and felt really bullied
I really don't know what to do
Reply 1
Do you have a personal tutor you can talk to?
Original post by AKHAN
I am really getting stressed out it is going on for too long and I let them get away but now I had enough of their bullying
My uni teacher are calling me lying about my disability (hearing disability and other) and have problem of me getting help from dsa
I went to demo my work and before I was done he was calling me lying and said he will not mark my work, calling me of cheating which I did not understand but I went to see him again in afternoon he knew he was wrong and passed my work so I left that alone.
Then I handed my other module work and then I was called for meeting because the teacher believe it was not my work
I went to this meeting they asked me how I did the work, I told them my dsa support give me English support, proof reading they said they will ring dsa will they confirm (trying to bully me) which I said of course they will
They asked me question, and i said due to hearing disability I don't understand
One of tutor said what disability you have, I said you should know he said he did not, I said you have notes and everything and are you saying am lying about my disability?
I really don't know what to do

If you have written proof of your disability, (ie. from a doctor) then make it known to this bloke that you will not tolerate any more bullying, or you will go straight to the disability officer and make a formal complaint about this unethical behaviour.

Also make a point to this buffoon, that you are read the Equality Act 2010, and if he does not cease with his behaviour, you will consider taking legal action against him under the Equality Act 2010.

Hopefully it will not need to get this far, but it is vital that you speak to your disability office without delay.
Reply 3
Original post by AKHAN

Maybe you should of just told him, instead of saying "you should know". Bad attitudes won't help.
Reply 4
Thanks you for the reply
I have sent messages to my disability support worker and she said I need to speak to student union that it is their jobs, I don't understand?
Go to The Student Union at your University, and ask for there advice. I assume that you are a NUS card holder? The Union will be able to give you any support you need. The response from your Disability Officer was a bit disappointing.
Reply 6
It is your Disability Officers job to get this resolved. You should have evidence of your disability and a copy of the recommendations for support in the assessment of needs report which should have gone to your disability adviser to enable them to understand what support you need and help you get access to the strategies recommended. Don;t put up with any bullying. Involve the NUS and also make a complaint about your disability officer if they don't support you and resolve this.
Reply 7
Original post by NJones
It is your Disability Officers job to get this resolved. You should have evidence of your disability and a copy of the recommendations for support in the assessment of needs report which should have gone to your disability adviser to enable them to understand what support you need and help you get access to the strategies recommended. Don;t put up with any bullying. Involve the NUS and also make a complaint about your disability officer if they don't support you and resolve this.

I was thinking the same they are just ignoring me, and I was told they should help me out but they are not, and I am also going to make complain about them as well, it is really stressing me out, they have ruined my uni experience killed my confidence, and I really don't feel like going to uni to do third year,
Reply 8
Original post by CelticSymphony67
Go to The Student Union at your University, and ask for there advice. I assume that you are a NUS card holder? The Union will be able to give you any support you need. The response from your Disability Officer was a bit disappointing.

I am not nus card holder

Quick Reply

Latest