The Student Room Group

WJEC Geography GCSE question

I'm currently revising for the options topic, now that core geography is over and done with. Over the past year, I've been doing theme 7, theme 10 and theme 11, which are "changing coastline", "tourism" and "retail and urban change". My questions is, can I revise theme 7, 8 and 9 instead. I really, really hate tourism and retail and urban change. If I do that, will it be a problem during the exam? Like, must you take at least one theme on the humanity side?
Reply 1
I've just found the following document on the WJEC website:

http://www.wjec.co.uk/uploads/publications/16128.pdf

On the second page, in the table it states:

"Three in depth structured data response questions with
extended writing one physical, one human and one other
selected from the three physical and three human optional
themes."

So, if I read that correctly, I could do something like theme 7, 8 (physical) and theme 10, 11 or 12 for the humanity one.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
You can do whatever you want in the exam although I would strongly advise doing the options you've studied. As long as you've answered three questions, one human, one physical and any other then that's fine! I'm doing urban and retail change as well and yeah it's utter *******s, especially as I don't go out shopping and into the city often so I'm at a massive disadvantage.

So yeah if you want you can teach yourself another topic, it's in two days mind so you don't have loads of time.

Quick Reply

Latest