The Student Room Group

CCEA Biology AS1 11th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

What was the answer to why slicing with a knife>ripping it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
Original post by Yishen Wang
i just wrote envelope :L all the others are the same :biggrin: i forget to write the caption for the graph ughh. bloody one mark :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

The caption is so annoying I forgot that in the January module but made sure I would remember it this time!
Original post by Chriispy
The caption is so annoying I forgot that in the January module but made sure I would remember it this time!

it is :L i remembered it in the mock and thought 'i will be alright with this in June'... in case this happens again i started revising chemistry a moment ago :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Original post by Yishen Wang
it is :L i remembered it in the mock and thought 'i will be alright with this in June'... in case this happens again i started revising chemistry a moment ago :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Chemistry AS1 is sweet I done it in January and got an A, just resitting it for a higher score haha
Reply 44
Original post by UnknownError
What was the answer to why slicing with a knife>ripping it

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't get it but apparently it is because a knife is metallic and it will therefore oxidise more quickly because of that? :s-smilie:
Reply 45
Somebody link the unofficial mark scheme when its releases please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
I dont know what to think of it. The essay was a disaster! But the rest of the paper was a bit funny i thought, there was alot of applying your knowledge. And especially for the 2 pages on DNA, i wasnt sure what exactly the question was asking you to write about

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Original post by ndoyle7
I dont know what to think of it. The essay was a disaster! But the rest of the paper was a bit funny i thought, there was alot of applying your knowledge. And especially for the 2 pages on DNA, i wasnt sure what exactly the question was asking you to write about

Posted from TSR Mobile

You had to talk about the polymerase chain reaction for part 1 and then gel electrophoresis, radioactive probe etc in part 2
Reply 48
Woo thats what i did!💪

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the last question guys, I started off talking about the protein synthesis from the nucleus to the ribsomes, so basically I spoke of using mRNA, tRNA and rRNA in assisting protein production from the nucleus. Then talked about the how ribosomes are studded along the RER, moved onto golgi apparatus, proteins are modified in here packaged into vesicles etc etc, then spoke of exocytosis. I also spoke of endocytosis, whether thats relevant or not I don't know. Then wrote some crap about the use and production of glycocalyx, since thats the conjugated protein they were talking about.

Also for the graph I just barely got the y-axis over half way. Since the value for the concentration of the juice went up to 140, and we had 26 squares going up. So I couldn't get 10 for every 2 as that would require 28 squares, so 14 it was! I think I really messed that question up.

I'm hoping to drop no more than 15-20 marks, would the A be lower than previous years? It looked harder than a lot of the past papers.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Sharpshooter
For the last question guys, I started off talking about the protein synthesis from the nucleus to the ribsomes, so basically I spoke of using mRNA, tRNA and rRNA in assisting protein production from the nucleus. Then talked about the how ribosomes are studded along the RER, moved onto golgi apparatus, proteins are modified in here packaged into vesicles etc etc, then spoke of exocytosis. I also spoke of endocytosis, whether thats relevant or not I don't know. Then wrote some crap about the use and production of glycocalyx, since thats the conjugated protein they were talking about.

Also for the graph I just barely got the y-axis over half way. Since the value for the concentration of the juice went up to 140, and we had 26 squares going up. So I couldn't get 10 for every 2 as that would require 28 squares, so 14 it was! I think I really messed that question up.

I'm hoping to drop no more than 15-20 marks, would the A be lower than previous years? It looked harder than a lot of the past papers.

i think you will be fine with the scale of the graph your range of data points already covered half of the page. i plotted it this way sa well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
Is there an unoffical mark scheme yet..?
Reply 52
Whats everyones predictions for the unit 2 essay?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
Original post by ndoyle7
Whats everyones predictions for the unit 2 essay?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Talk about it on the AS2 thread
guys i know that it isnt on the website but does anyone have a link for the AS2 jan 13 paper it would be much appreciated :smile:
Reply 55
It wont let me onto /i can no longer find the AS2 thread..hmmm..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Original post by ndoyle7
It wont let me onto /i can no longer find the AS2 thread..hmmm..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ill start one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending