The Student Room Group

No sex with people you like?

This always gets to me. I don't understand girls reasoning behind it.

They'll hook up with a random dude in a nightclub. Yet if they actually like a guy they make them wait to sleep with them?

What's the reasoning behind this? I'm fine if a girl isn't prone to having ONS, I don't care about waiting. But if she's had more than a handful, it seems that those ONS are more deserving than the guy they like.

Just something I never really understood.

Any girls care to enlighten me?
Reply 1
That's why we just go other places to get some, then they complain.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
I think it's because if they actually like someone, they want to wait until there is more of a connection/more feelings involved so that when they do eventually sleep with the person they like it will feel more special
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
This always gets to me. I don't understand girls reasoning behind it.

They'll hook up with a random dude in a nightclub. Yet if they actually like a guy they make them wait to sleep with them?

What's the reasoning behind this? I'm fine if a girl isn't prone to having ONS, I don't care about waiting. But if she's had more than a handful, it seems that those ONS are more deserving than the guy they like.

Just something I never really understood.

Any girls care to enlighten me?

It is this sentence that sets aside the Genders

Most girls do not consider sex to be the ultimate goal

So a ONS is only getting sex but, in the eyes of a girl you would be getting so much more than casual sex ... you deserve all that comes with a relationship
Waiting for sex means they're investing time and emotion into the relationship, and the sex will mean something instead of just being for excitement or pleasure. They're looking for something loving from their partner, instead of the meaningless sex from a ONS.
Reply 5
It all depends on the 'class' and type of girls you are hanging out with.
I'd say sex on a ONS is in general, more of a selfish thing, sex for your own pleasure and hey, maybe hopefully the person you are with. But it is quite a different situation, you've chosen that person based on looks because you think they might satisfy you better.

When you would like to build a relationship with someone, if you sleep too quickly it probably comes off as easy and reduces a lot of mystery and intrigue for the man, making him less interested in the relationship. Therefore, it is necessary to use other things other than sex to ensure attraction is there, and then sex does feel much better and much more special in the end.

They are quite different strategies in two very different situations, so honestly, I'd say it makes sense.
Reply 7
I am sure it is to build a connection and make him see that they are in it for the long haul. A lot of the time it is also to come across as decent and someone who doesn't sleep around (because many men will discredit a girl who puts out on a first date).
Women can phrase it whichever way they want to, but most men will find it humiliating walking around and having to wait to sleep with a girl, knowing a lot of other men got with her right away. It is humiliating and the "I just like you more" honestly doesn't mean anything. Most guys with options will avoid promiscuous girls completely and as a woman, I understand that decision. Your single behavior is your behavior, there is no split personality going on.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending