The Student Room Group

Most likeable/unlikeable footballers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zürich
Likeable: Parlour, Merson, Niall Quinn, Tony Adams, Beckham, Scholes, Iniesta, Luiz, Carragher, Hamann, Podolski, Seedorf, Xabi Alonso, Benayoun, Kompany, Schweinsteiger, Solskjaer, Cantana, Ibrahimovic, Drogba, Carrick, Balotelli, Gary/Phil Neville,

Unlikeable: Terry, Lampard, Cole, Nasri, Adebayor, Van Persie, Sol Campbell, Hazard, Lahm, Eto'o, Rooney, Shearer, Lineker, Bellamy, Barton, Van Nistelrooy, Van Bommel,

Leaving aside the massive bias, I don't really understand the bolded?
Original post by manchesterunited15
Leaving aside the massive bias, I don't really understand the bolded?

Lineker is one of the most smug and uninteresting men in football. Never says anything remotely interesting or funny but just sits there grinning at how hes on 1m a year every week.

Eto'o is a complete **** from the interviews i've seen of him. No charm, humility or sense of humor whatsoever and on the pitch he was always giving someone an earful over trivial things. Thinks he's the second reincarnation of Christ or something when he's just a mercenary playing in Siberia.

Lahm is very arrogant and shows little humility, and does it with no charm whatsoever. Basically comes out with statements like ''they were awful, we knew we would beat them because we're fc Bayern'' every now and again. The contrast with Schweinsteiger is notable whenever I've seen interviews, although maybe theyve just been translated badly as Lahm seems likable enough on the pitch,

Cant help but like Ibrahimovic, he's got lots of charm.

(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Musester
You honestly are taking bias to a whole new level if you're going to sat that Tony Adams is likeable, as well as Cantona. Jesus christ.

My dad met him quite a few times around town, and from what Ive heard TA was as humble and generous a man as you'd ever meet. Even with his drinking, he only ever did harm to himself and has set up a very successful charity helping others recover from addiction. Cant really understand what there is to dislike about TA?

Cantona is unbelievably charming, hard to dislike him imo.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by Zürich

Cantona is unbelievably charming, hard to dislike him imo.

Well you're both d***s so it's easy to see where there might be some common ground.
Original post by Musester
Well you're both d***s so it's easy to see where there might be some common ground.

cheers mate, have a good day yeah.
Reply 25
likable - messi, Kompany, bale, beckham, gerrard, zola, henry, most the wwfc squad!

unlikable - Ronaldo, nani, barton, suarez and dean lewington (lower league one)
Reply 26
Likeable: Heskey
Unlikeable: Rooney
Original post by Zürich
Lineker is one of the most smug and uninteresting men in football. Never says anything remotely interesting or funny but just sits there grinning at how hes on 1m a year every week.

Eto'o is a complete **** from the interviews i've seen of him. No charm, humility or sense of humor whatsoever and on the pitch he was always giving someone an earful over trivial things. Thinks he's the second reincarnation of Christ or something when he's just a mercenary playing in Siberia.

Lahm is very arrogant and shows little humility, and does it with no charm whatsoever. Basically comes out with statements like ''they were awful, we knew we would beat them because we're fc Bayern'' every now and again. The contrast with Schweinsteiger is notable whenever I've seen interviews, although maybe theyve just been translated badly as Lahm seems likable enough on the pitch,

Cant help but like Ibrahimovic, he's got lots of charm.

Fair enough, Lineker's just the presenter though, not a pundit so he's not meant to be particularly insightful or knowledgeable.

Ibrahimovic just seems really arrogant :dontknow:
Original post by 4 manchesterunited15
Fair enough, Lineker's just the presenter though, not a pundit so he's not meant to be particularly insightful or knowledgeable.

Ibrahimovic just seems really arrogant :dontknow:

Funny enough Ibrahimovic was a complete jerk in Sweden's game against Faroe Islands.

Called his opponents a bunch of fisherman, and boasted about the money he earns.

Threw a football at the keeper.

[video="youtube;MqeAD4TeAXM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MqeAD4TeAXM[/video]

Not very likable :cool:
Likeable: Kompany, Mata, Lampard, Di Natale, Pirlo, Sheringham, Zola, Jimmy Bullard too

Unlikeable: Roy Keane, Jordi Alba, Nani, Pennant (****), Bowyer, Lafferty, Materazzi, Shawcross, El-Hadj Diouf, Jerome Boateng, De Jong
Original post by J.Nalbandian14
Likeable: Kompany, Mata, Lampard, Di Natale, Pirlo, Sheringham, Zola, Jimmy Bullard too

WTF? Teddy Sheringham, likeable? Are you completely off your marbles or something?
Original post by J.Nalbandian14

Unlikeable: Roy Keane, Jordi Alba, Nani, Pennant (****), Bowyer, Lafferty, Materazzi, Shawcross, El-Hadj Diouf, Jerome Boateng, De Jong

Di Natale? I think most people in England don't even think of him. Why is Jordi Alba unlikeable?

I'd say players like shearer, scholes and le tissier are well liked.

No one likes Charlie Adam, Alan Smith, Mark Viduka, Mark Bosnich

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HarryJames
Why is Jordi Alba unlikeable?

Because he's a little bitch

Original post by DaveSmith99
Because he's a little bitch

Haha what a shocking tackle

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zürich
Likeable: Parlour, Merson, Niall Quinn, Tony Adams, Beckham, Scholes, Iniesta, Luiz, Carragher, Hamann, Podolski, Seedorf, Xabi Alonso, Benayoun, Kompany, Schweinsteiger, Solskjaer, Cantana, Ibrahimovic, Drogba, Carrick, Balotelli, Gary/Phil Neville,

Unlikeable: Terry, Lampard, Cole, Nasri, Adebayor, Van Persie, Sol Campbell, Hazard, Lahm, Eto'o, Rooney, Shearer, Lineker, Bellamy, Barton, Van Nistelrooy, Van Bommel,

so basically anyone that left arsenal, scored an important goal against arsenal, or has "van" in their name.
Likeable: Lampard, Yaya Toure, Bale, Friedel, David Luiz, Chicarito, Balotelli.

Unlikeable : ...

Joey Barton.
Original post by Pendulum3
Likeable: Lampard, Yaya Toure, Bale, Friedel, David Luiz, Chicarito, Balotelli.

Unlikeable : ...

Joey Barton.

I think you'll find a lot of people don't like luiz or Bale

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HarryJames
I think you'll find a lot of people don't like luiz or Bale

Posted from TSR Mobile

Likeable footballers, I thought meant by there personal personality, I understand the David Luiz thing against Man United, but he seems like a nice guy, Bale, well everyone hates him cause he tears teams apart :wink:
Reply 39
Least likeable: Suarez, Steven Gerrard, Ashley Cole, Nani, Andy Carroll, Wayne Rooney, Cristiano Ronaldo.

Most likeable: Tony Hibbert.

Quick Reply

Latest