The Student Room Group

Friend is trying to disrupt a relationship

One of the few topics I'm writing that aren't about me or my relationship problems.

My friend is cut up by the fact his girlfriend has moved on so quick and is with a new guy. He's so angry, and am a bit worried about him tbh. He keeps on telling me that he wants to mess up his ex and her new boyfriends relationship, and he's going to start by telling the boyfriend that he went out with the girl and slept with her - since she's told her new boyfriend she didn't go out with him and lied about what she's done with guys.

I've told him that first of all, it'll make her hate him more. Secondly, it might not split them up, and even if it did, there's no way she'd get back with him - but he doesn't seem to care. He just keeps saying he wants to mess up her relationship and show her what it's like to be messed around with.

Anything I can say to him, or should I just keep as far away from this situation as possible?
First of all, his ex shouldn't be lying to her new partner...you can't start a relationship with lies! :s-smilie:

Anyway, it sounds like your friend isn't ready to move on, and is acting irrationally as a result. Maybe you can find some other way for him to vent? Or reason with him...does he realise how silly he's being? The best way to get back at an ex is by moving on and being happy, by acting out and trying to ruin things for her, he's showing that he still cares and isn't over her.
Reply 2
Yeah I think whatever happens he's going to do it, so stay away.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending