The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

I'm not anti-social at all but...

Ths sounds really really silly. I am a very social person ...like goin out meetin new ppl etc etc.
Only thing i'm worried about when i go to uni is not being able to do the things that i do on my own as much. For example, i go to the gym nearly every day and would want to do the same at uni, but would i be distancing myself?
I just don't want to go and not have any friends cos i like going t the gym lol.
Oh how silly I sound but it is worrying me :-S
xxxxxxxxx
Reply 1
Shouldn't be a problem as long as your not spending hours and hours away. Hopefully your flatmates/friends would be up for going with you occasionally too. I wouldnt expect to get near the gym for at least the first week though... anything but a continual party/drunkness/hangover is completely unacceptable :P
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Ahh ok then lol! i'm just addicted to goin that's all hehe, but i can wait a week :-) i think lol! xxx
Reply 3
Actually 'freshers week' is two weeks long so you are going to have to wait 2 weeks! It might be a strugle getting your flat mates to go as well if they are anything like mine were! Good luck with it
Reply 4
Freshers week is two weeks! WOW i thought i was just one!
Reply 5
welllllllllllllll..

it's really called 'intro week' which is just as misleading!

if i remember correctly freshers week is the first one, the second one u actually start ur lectures in.. but there's still all these things at night..

the 'activities fair' as it's being called this year (societies fair) will be on like 20th/21st (but i dont have the dates right infront of me..)
seems to me Noobster5 is anti-social.
Reply 7
I'll be going, not like 2 hours in the middle of the day is gonna leave you left out of anything is it?
Reply 8
Elipsis
I'll be going, not like 2 hours in the middle of the day is gonna leave you left out of anything is it?

well isnt that two hours less for getting ready to go out?:wink:
Reply 9
ChrisA86
welllllllllllllll..

it's really called 'intro week' which is just as misleading!

if i remember correctly freshers week is the first one, the second one u actually start ur lectures in.. but there's still all these things at night..

the 'activities fair' as it's being called this year (societies fair) will be on like 20th/21st (but i dont have the dates right infront of me..)

im pretty sure that lectures dont start the second week. dont you enrol on the second week and attend the odd subject bbq?
Reply 10
larry182
well isnt that two hours less for getting ready to go out?:wink:

I go at like 2 in the afternoon and get home at about 4 then start drinking.
so is it one week or two weeks?

:biggrin:
Reply 12
larry182
im pretty sure that lectures dont start the second week. dont you enrol on the second week and attend the odd subject bbq?

You enrol in the first week....

Latest