The Student Room Group

After 2 years of doing A levels, I now feel guilty for picking Further Maths

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Olympiad
How can you ask for advise then completely reject the idea that it may be your revision technique?
So basically, your living in denial then.
"Hear any of that crap..." YOU want the help from people here, they don't need you.

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

what? whats wrong with my attitude.....

i do need help from people, but people say its my revision technique every time i ask these kind of things, and i know that isnt one of the major factors at all
Reply 41
Original post by study beats

you must spend 24 hours studying? studying in the toilet too?

That's like the exact same thing like my cousins says.
And of course not, I don't study at all when I should be doing. Unless you consider spending time doing homework is studying. Otherwise I start doing doing past papers one month before the exams start and then do hardcore revision the day before the exam :colondollar:.
You're a moaning little pussy
go on put me in intensive care please
Original post by Makebelieve15
You are clearly capable but your revision technique isn't up to scratch. Someone who puts in 6 hours a day and is bright should be getting ABB minimum.

You sound very arrogant for rejecting your revision technique as a source of failure. You perform poorly for a reason, but it can't just be bad luck. You must've obviously done well at GCSE.

AAB* or AAA*
Reply 44
Original post by vengeance111
You're a moaning little pussy
go on put me in intensive care please

come here
Reply 45

last warning for you too, mind the offensive language and dont insult god before you also end up in an intensive care unit...

we had a choice between M3 and S3....seeing as i did better in M1 and M2 then in S1 and S2, and also the fact that i hate stats and find it boring, i decided to pick M3 even though people said it would be harder than S3....so i only listened to my heart and analysed my previous performance .....

As far as I recall the flying spaghetti monster cannot determine your exam outcome.
Really this is offensive? Lol hahahaha, internet badman

Fair enough, something definitely isn't working though if your achieving those grades , you need to find out whats wrong and target it before its too late
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 46
Original post by Robbie242
Really this is offensive? Lol hahahaha, internet badman

Fair enough, something definitely isn't working though if your achieving those grades , you need to find out whats wrong and target it before its too late

what have you done?
Reply 47
what have you done?

Just finished AS maths and further maths after getting a B at GCSE, calculating a 95% average for maths and 93% for further maths. I use the official textbook, the cgp textbook (If available), past papers, solomon papers and additional questions, you really need to understand things to tackle tougher questions
Reply 48
Original post by Robbie242
Just finished AS maths and further maths after getting a B at GCSE, calculating a 95% average for maths and 93% for further maths. I use the official textbook, the cgp textbook (If available), past papers, solomon papers and additional questions, you really need to understand things to tackle tougher questions

no, i meant what have you done by posting such a shameful post again.....do you want your funeral to come quick?
Reply 49
no, i meant what have you done by posting such a shameful post again.....do you want your funeral to come quick?

Ahahah brainwashed fool, Yeah sure mate do your worst, srs threatening internet fundamentalist who can't do further maths
(edited 10 years ago)
mind your foul language mate before someone gets hurt....clearly i wouldnt do these subjects if i thought i wouldnt be that capable....i just perform poorly in exams for some reason...in class i know everything inside out and absorb anything

This might happen if you freeze up completely inside an exam and can't think at all. But if this is the case and you have medical-grade anxiety when it comes to test day, perhaps you should have mentioned it in the OP?
Cannot comprehend why people are feeding the troll.
Lol is this guy for real
Reply 53
Original post by Big-Daddy
This might happen if you freeze up completely inside an exam and can't think at all. But if this is the case and you have medical-grade anxiety when it comes to test day, perhaps you should have mentioned it in the OP?

medical grade anxiety?
Reply 54
Original post by pinda.college
Cannot comprehend why people are feeding the troll.

i am not a troll
Reply 55
bad luck?
god is punishing me?
this is faith?
the examiners hate me because they saw my muslim name?
the stress of A levels is not for me?

Bad luck? You're a further mathematician!
God is punishing you? Unlikely. Why would He punish you like that anyway?
This is faith? Idk what you're even trying to say there...
Racism? No, and poor excuse. If that was accurate, a remark or returned script would clearly show whether that was happening.
Stress of A levels? Probably. If so, your revision techniques ARE wrong - you should be setting yourself ultra-realistic mocks and focusing on stress management and memory recall in exam situations.
i am not a troll

Ok.
How did c3 go
Reply 58
Original post by vengeance111
How did c3 go

i didnt do C3, i got an A already
i would have been better of doing something like maths, physics and some other softer subject...

instead of trying to do maths, physics, chemistry and further maths at the start of the year...failing chemistry and dropping it after March results last year..

and this year i am doing bad in Further maths anyway, just failed my M3 exam...

need 300 UCAS points for Uni... which i dont think i am gonna get..probably only gonna get 260 UCAS points...

i feel like an idiot and i feel as i am not intelligent at all....all my cousions back home are gonna get way better grades then me such as A*'s, and my parents are gonna screw at me and everything is gonna stay grim for the rest of my life...

if i happily got into the university, then i wouldnt really be sad...but the chances look slim and my future looks bleak...

where have i gone wrong? i work very hard, almost 3-6 hours a day. i cover everything i need to know, yet when it comes to exams, i fail to obtain the result i want...dont tell me my revision techniques are wrong, i dont wanna hear any of that crap....

note: to reply to me directly, can you quote this or message me. thanks.

I'm sorry to hear your plight, your post was very relatable to me. If I were you, now you have finished your A-Levels I just wouldn't bother regretting past potential mistakes. You are at a tricky part of your life, a scrutinising test from Allah. My advice is a bit vague as I am significantly younger than you, and have not experienced what you have(I'm 16). But I think the best course of action, is create alternate plans as a safety net for possible failure to go to the uni you want to, take time to just heal, you have came out of 2 of the most testing years of your life and step back, look at what you have accomplished (from what I gather you must be a extremely intelligent, hard working individual so that accomplishment is likely large and impressive) and work with what you have, as s**** as that maybe, you just can't change it, it's done.

Hope you find all the strength you require to overcome this trial, brother. Good luck, your investment of time and effort may not appear now but it will one day.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending