The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Why do the inbetweeners make fun of Warwick when it's a good uni?

In the show, Will says that if worst comes to worse he'll end up at Warwick. In the movie, he says that he got into Bristol uni, so it's not like he had LSE/Oxbridge, etc. as his other 4 choices. Am I missing something? I just don't get the joke.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Voovist
In the show, Will says that if worst comes to worse he'll end up at Warwick. In the movie, he says that he got into Bristol uni, so it's not like he had LSE/Oxbridge, etc. as his other 4 choices. Am I missing something? I just don't get the joke.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it intends to mock the kind of people who do say such things - 'oh, if I do get bad grades, I'll just have to go to a lower-ranked Russell Group university'.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Trying to show how snobby Will is. Seriously nothing to overreact to. Its a fictional show :tongue:

Get it down you Zulu warrior!
Reply 3
For the same reason the writers chose to mock the University of Lincoln - it's up to them, and was completely a inside joke. They knew nothing about either university.
Reply 5
As other people said, it was just Will's snobbery. Warwick is obviously great but he feels he deserves better,.

Ironically, he ends up in Bristol which, like Warwick, is an excellent university despite not having the name and prestige of LSE/Oxbridge, which was what he was after.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending