The Student Room Group

Most annoying thing people around you do in an exam

Scroll to see replies

During French Listening (it was a mock, fortunately), the guy in front of me kept moving his chair or coughing or something so that I missed parts out. Incredibly annoying. But as I said, only a mock, and he didn't do it in the real thing so I guess it doesn't matter.
When people keep moving their wrist to try and make that clicking sound in their bones....ahhhh its irritating :rant:
Though mandatory, going through the rules drives me mad.
Original post by HighwayUnicorn

ohh yeah i hate tht and also when people walk in late....they repeat it again :angry:
Reply 44
This thread made me laugh so much! :biggrin:
Last week, my friend had a girl get sick next to her in her exam - seriously hope it doesn't happen to me.
When people finish the exam like 30 minutes early and slouch on their chair sighing so loudly!! :stomp: It's soo annoying it makes me panic so much. :colonhash:
Reply 46
Two invigilators were whispering very loudly, enough for me to hear their full conversation. I was so pissed off as they talked from start to finish. They would stop for about 2 minutes, leaving me with the false hope that it was over, only for them to walk back over to each other whilst trying to be quiet and discrete but were in fact the complete opposite. It seriously affected my concentration as I would have to read over the questions two or three times to take it in, and looking back on the exam I realised I had made two mistakes from reading the question wrong. Also, since I had to spend so much time on each question I ran out of time towards the end. It is just as well that I already have my unconditional for uni, otherwise I would have been even more angry. I contemplated telling them to shut the **** up politely throughout the exam (another mental distraction), however I was too scared as I find the invigilators strangely intimidating and ironically I didn't want to seem rude. They were extremely inconsiderate though and I don't understand why they can't wait until the exam had finished to talk to each other.

This post wasn't intended to be this long but the annoyance that I felt was brought back as I was writing this so in short; the most annoying thing people do around me in the exam is talk.
People writing really noisily, like jabbing their pens against the paper. :s-smilie:
people sitting infront of you with their arse crack hanging out is pretty unpleasent every time you look up to check the time, it's there...and no im not looking for it, its unavoidable if it's in your line of sight
Original post by benwalters1996
why is your name in red?

Because I'm a subscriber to TSR!
I was only 1 row from the front, but the desk in front of me was empty, so halfway through the exam, an invigilator decides to sit down on the table, facing me directly...
It's like, do you want me to have a chat with you or something? It was so distracting..
Original post by HighwayUnicorn

Most of our invigilators have given up on reading the whole thing and only briefly say it, so today when there was a different invigilator she read every single word out and it was like 100x more annoying because we've gotten used to them hardly saying anything that it seemed to drag on for ages :angry:
Reply 52
People who beatbox when they're stuck on a question. :confused:
Reply 53
Ah I have to agree. When invigilators stand right next to you, looking over your shoulder, it is really annoying and their stares. What's worse, I heard that two of the younger male invigorators decided to play a little game and stand next to the girls who they thought were virgins. Not sure if it was true but you could see them laughing with eachother when they were in the exam hall and they seemed quite laddish so would not suprise me if it were true.
when people tap their pens/ their legs against the desk!

It annoyed me so much in my January exam that I asked an invigilator to ask the girl to stop. She told her and she stopped haha.
Reply 55
Original post by Natty_ox
Ah I have to agree. When invigilators stand right next to you, looking over your shoulder, it is really annoying and their stares. What's worse, I heard that two of the younger male invigorators decided to play a little game and stand next to the girls who they thought were virgins. Not sure if it was true but you could see them laughing with eachother when they were in the exam hall and they seemed quite laddish so would not suprise me if it were true.

They do that? :eek: Invigilators at my sixth form just sit right at the back or at the front. We have our exams in the sports hall so there's like 300 or so students in there, so we can't really hear them talk. Some of them are really kind, once when my friend and I were walking into an exam one of them said 'Oooh I just looked at the exam paper and it's hard'. He then whistled, said good luck and walked off. :tongue:
Reply 56
People who tap their feet, or tap their pencil and start making a beat. The beat gets stuck in my head, so i end up not being able to remember what i was trying to remember!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
When people play with their hair- and I can see it in the corner of my eye the whole time
Constant belching. For some reason that's been a consistent problem in exams among the people I attend school with.
I have to admit, I am a sniffler during exams. I can't help it! Hayfever and all :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending