Aqa maths unit 3 gcse - friday 14th june 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by qwerty97
I got 0.8m for the length of h triangle

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Yeah, I got something like 0.82 :smile:
Then I doubled it for the H height... :/
Original post by DeuteriumPie
Although 44.7 is correct, you have rounded during an intermediate stage of you workings. That being the value of 1998.28. Instead, you could have just taken the root of (20^2)+(30^2)-2x20x30cos(125), got 44.59(...), and rounded to get 40.6. I'm guessing you'll still get all the marks because, according to markschemes, there is range in which answers can be correct due to rounding and the like:smile:

I'm pretty sure it said to round
Original post by Hart37
I thought an A* would be 72, 90 0/0

It was for March 2013...
Original post by qwerty97
I got 0.8m for the length of h triangle

yayyy, did you use the tan function is trig ?
Original post by cucaracha
Yeah, I got something like 0.82 :smile:
Then I doubled it for the H height... :/

I got split the middle shape into a square at the bottom (1.2m) and then a triangle at the top, then used tan to working out the length of the tringle then added them together. can't even remember what i got
Original post by emilialucy
I'm pretty sure it said to round

I can't remember if it asked you to round - in fact, I don't think it did. Anyhow, that's not the point. I'm just saying that you should never round during intermediate stages, so you can preserve the accuracy of the then-obtained answer. That's all I'm saying...
Reply 66
Yeah I used tan :smile: and then got 1.6 for the H bit for the bigger length :smile:

I got split the middle shape into a square at the bottom (1.2m) and then a triangle at the top, then used tan to working out the length of the tringle then added them together. can't even remember what i got

aghh, I split it into a square and triangle and didn't know how to move forward :mad:

How did you describe the rotation? I put 270degrees anticlockwise about the origin...
Original post by DeuteriumPie
I can't remember if it asked you to round - in fact, I don't think it did. Anyhow, that's not the point. I'm just saying that you should never round during intermediate stages, so you can preserve the accuracy of the then-obtained answer. That's all I'm saying...

Yeah thats true, but if you look at the mark scheme the answers generally aren't specific. And this was put as an example, in the test I did carry it through :smile:
aghh, I split it into a square and triangle and didn't know how to move forward :mad:

How did you describe the rotation? I put 270degrees anticlockwise about the origin...

90 Degrees clockwise around the origin (0,0)
90 Degrees clockwise around the origin (0,0)

that's the same as 270 anti, right?
Reply 71
Does anyone remember the second part of the trapezium vector question? I just guessed the top was double the bottom

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hart37
Does anyone remember the second part of the trapezium vector question? I just guessed the top was double the bottom

Posted from TSR Mobile

to work out k? yeah, i guessed 22 (11x2)
Reply 73
Ok good that's what I got

Posted from TSR Mobile
will anyone put up the unofficial mark scheme ;P
that's the same as 270 anti, right?

yeah definitely it's the same thing, was the origin (0,0) ? What did people get for the scale? I think it was was question 2c where you had a grid which represented 0.5 per 1cm ?
Original post by Hart37

Posted from TSR Mobile

what did you get for part a to that question? its going from DC
Why give my post a negative rating? :mad:
Original post by Hart37

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I did that, too. 22=k?
Original post by Midnight1811
what did you get for part a to that question? its going from DC

11a-4b

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending