The Student Room Group

University of Manchester or University of Birmingham?

Hi! I'm an international student who is currently in a dilemma between manchester and birmingham. I will be studying Accounting and Finance at Year 1 entry. So which one should I choose? Can you guys tell me more about the environment too? :frown:
Both are in large cities, and are well regarded universities. For that reason, it's a very personal decision and there is no clear cut choice.

I will ask two questions:
1. Have you looked at the individual modules that are available to you?
2. What do you want from a university?
Reply 2
I picked between both of these unis for my firm choice. I was set on firming Manchester but after visiting it I changed my mind. I can only speak on the environment, not the course you've applied for. Personally, I preferred Birmingham because its a campus uni close to the city centre and when I went there it felt more like a community. There is a train station on the campus so if you wanted to get to the city centre, I think its 7 minutes by train. Manchester was integrated into the city and was a bit overwhelming for me. So I guess you should decide whether you would prefer a campus or city uni. But my opinions are clearly based on my personal experiences so I think it would be much better if you tried to visit both of them. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest