The Student Room Group

Leaflet distribution jobs - how do they work?

I've found a job advert for a leaflet distributor in my area but before I apply, I'd like to know a bit more about how it'd actually practically work. The advert says:

Friendly and enthusiastic leaflet distributors required to join a committed team. You will be required to deliver 600 leaflets a day in an area given to you by your manager, a commitment of about 4 hours a day. Pay is minimum wage plus commission. Full training provided. You will be provided with leaflets to be delivered and maps of the areas for that day. The applicant will need to be physically fit, as a lot of walking is involved.

How would this job actually work? I might be being dumb but I don't really get it! Anyone have experience in a job like this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I did this wen I was younger to make some pocket money. I don't no how your one will work but basically someone will drop off boxes of leaflets to your house then you will be giving a certain area they will want you to deliver the leaflets to abit like a paper round lol. For when I was 16 the money was good but it's hard to earn a massive wage from less you can deliver 1000s. Hope this helps a little :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by B0bzie
I did this wen I was younger to make some pocket money. I don't no how your one will work but basically someone will drop off boxes of leaflets to your house then you will be giving a certain area they will want you to deliver the leaflets to abit like a paper round lol. For when I was 16 the money was good but it's hard to earn a massive wage from less you can deliver 1000s. Hope this helps a little :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for your answer :smile: Is it hard to find which houses you have to deliver to? Also how does the commision work when you are just delivering leaflets?
Reply 3
Original post by B0bzie

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry one more question I just thought of! Im guessing it'd get pretty boring doing it for 4 hours a day?
Reply 4
Not really it should be local to you so if you know the area it shouldn't be certain houses just an actual area you'll be given and you deliver to all the houses in that area. Doing it for 4 hours a day probably wouldn't get boring seeing as you could be standing behind a till in a shop doing nothing for 4 hours :smile: least your working by yourself and outdoors. The leaflet I disputed gave me a month to deliver the leaflets so I generally just spent a weekend doing the worse roads like houses with huge drives were the worse. I think the pay was worked out by how many leaflets they gave me to how many was left when the guy collected what was left over.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Also the only way I could think of being able to earn commission is if the leaflet you deliver sells products or has a subscription maybe if the company gain customers from the area your delivering you get paid extra. Hope this helps feel free for any more questions :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I did some leaflet distribution last year for about six weeks, and it sounds similar to that advert.

We worked in pairs but some people did it individually, and basically, we got given a stack of leaflets and map with an area marked out on it. We just covered all the streets in the area we'd been given, marked them off with a pen and once the leaflets were gone or the 4 hours were up, headed back and gave in the map so they knew which streets had been done. It rarely took us 4 hours, usually more like 2 and a half (plus another 20 minutes to get back to the place we were distributing them from) but we got paid for the full 4 as long as we got rid of all our leaflets.

I wouldn't say it was boring, although I forgot my ipod a few times and that was a little dull, but it was tiring. Try and prepare for all weathers (sunhat, waterproof jacket, extra layer etc) or you can end up very uncomfortable, and wear comfy shoes. :smile:
It's great if you like lots of walking, fresh air, and talking to people in general. However things to beware of are trapping fingers in letterboxes, scratching legs and arms on bushes and big dogs that jump over gates that are too small. Having said all that I did enjoy the work although when I received the pay it was for half the minimum wage and not for the same number of hours that I had worked out. Do check thing carefully first. Working as a Student Ambassador pays a lot more way above minimum wage at my Uni and great fun. Good luck
it's my first time sir.
I would like a leaflet job here.
Original post by B0bzie
Not really it should be local to you so if you know the area it shouldn't be certain houses just an actual area you'll be given and you deliver to all the houses in that area. Doing it for 4 hours a day probably wouldn't get boring seeing as you could be standing behind a till in a shop doing nothing for 4 hours :smile: least your working by yourself and outdoors. The leaflet I disputed gave me a month to deliver the leaflets so I generally just spent a weekend doing the worse roads like houses with huge drives were the worse. I think the pay was worked out by how many leaflets they gave me to how many was left when the guy collected what was left over.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is there any websites which have leaflet distribution jobs on that you could recommend? What company did you do yours with?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Reply 12
Reply 13
If the concept of leaflet distribution is difficult for you to comprehend then there really is no hope for you and yes you really are being dumb! Good luck for future employment your really going to need it.
Original post by MMMMMMMMM
If the concept of leaflet distribution is difficult for you to comprehend then there really is no hope for you and yes you really are being dumb! Good luck for future employment your really going to need it.
You're really going to need to sort out your spelling.
Original post by Capintesta
You're really going to need to sort out your spelling.

xxxxxx
Reply 17
How would the company know if your actually doing the job ??
how much get paid?
Original post by lovepreet singh
how much get paid?

how much get paid for 600leaflet?

Latest

Trending

Trending