The Student Room Group

PlayStation 4 will be cheaper than Xbox One: which will you buy?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Caits7
PS4 poos all over Xbox One, there's so much about it that gamers don't like, it's as if Microsoft have taken two steps back

Mathematically speaking, they've gone 359 steps back :mmm:

Xbox 360 - 359 = Xbox One
Original post by Sum Gai
I still can't believe people are considering the Xbox One.
Do they not know what Microsoft has done?

I'm surprised myself. Someone's IQ would have to be so low to actually consider the Xbox One as a primary GAMING platform, above the Nintendo Wii U, let alone the PS4.
Reply 82
Xbox 360 to PS4 for me tbh.
Original post by Spontogical
I'm surprised myself. Someone's IQ would have to be so low to actually consider the Xbox One as a primary GAMING platform, above the Nintendo Wii U, let alone the PS4.

I wouldn't go that far. I'd just say these are ill informed consumers who just see "NEW XBOX" and buy it without doing any research.

If they actually looked into it they'd see the truth-
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2374902
Original post by Sum Gai
I wouldn't go that far. I'd just say these are ill informed consumers who just see "NEW XBOX" and buy it without doing any research.

If they actually looked into it they'd see the truth-
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2374902

Agreed :redface:

God, that thread is amazing!
Lol im pretty sure the majority of the internet users are going to be buying the PS4 with only die hard microsoft fans getting the XB1 , I wonder how miscrosoft is going to cope.
Reply 86
Neither, PC gaming is far superior, with mods and all.
Reply 87
Btw, if i was to buy a console , it would be PS4 any day of the week.
Reply 88
Original post by scapepower
Neither, PC gaming is far superior, with mods and all.

There are too many flaws with pc gaming to call it 'far superior'
Reply 89
Original post by bottled
There are too many flaws with pc gaming to call it 'far superior'

Skyrim on PC demolishes it on other consoles. The graphics , the mods, and so on. PC gaming gives you mods, and you can enhance the games and get added free content.

BUT it is worth buying a console to play with friends and such.
If I could get an Xbox One controller that worked both on a PS4 and on my gaming laptop, I'd preorder my PS4 today. As it stands, I'm gonna stick with my gaming PC.

I can't stand that PS4 controller, and the few console/PS4 exclusives that I couldn't get on my PC doesn't justify using it. The 360 controller just feels so much better, and the Xbox One controller is pretty much that with a couple better features. The PS3 controller just feels too light, the thumbsticks are in the wrong places and the triggers feel awful, and the PS4 controller doesn't seem any different.

So until the PS4 massively drops in price, I'm staying with my Xbox 360 and gaming PC setup.
Reply 91
No option for none? :confused: Keep current consoles don't need new ones they are working perfectly fine.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 92
Original post by pratstercs
If I could get an Xbox One controller that worked both on a PS4 and on my gaming laptop, I'd preorder my PS4 today. As it stands, I'm gonna stick with my gaming PC.

I can't stand that PS4 controller, and the few console/PS4 exclusives that I couldn't get on my PC doesn't justify using it. The 360 controller just feels so much better, and the Xbox One controller is pretty much that with a couple better features. The PS3 controller just feels too light, the thumbsticks are in the wrong places and the triggers feel awful, and the PS4 controller doesn't seem any different.

So until the PS4 massively drops in price, I'm staying with my Xbox 360 and gaming PC setup.

Look up the Cronus Device. I'm sure there'll be an equivalent once the PS4/Xbox One comes out.
Started on PS3, bought a 360 for halo once they got cheaper, then traded in my PS3 to switch to just 360. Going back to Sony. I should never have left.
Will trophies achieved on PS3 games be listed on PS4? (Assuming PS4 still has them, not like its a deal break, I was just curious)

Would buy a gaming PC but don't really have the money, and its not as much of a social gaming platform.

Provided future halos are released on 360, I'll hang onto it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Neither.
Xbox one has a camera which continually watches you, and a sensor which tracks your every move, and listens to your every word.

One thing - You cant turn it off. You cant turn it off because the console won't play games. You now need Kinect to play Xbox.. Sounds very fishy to me...Considering Microsoft are involved in PRISM..which recently was accused of leaking information to third partys and invading peoples privacy in America.

It just makes me feel creeped out. It's like a surveillance box which even when turned off, STILL listens to your EVERY WORD. Hackers will have a filed day, and Microsoft are up to something fishy.

I really like XBox, but will now not be buying their latest console. I have no choice but to go back to PStation now.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 96
Once the price comes down a bit I'll be trading up from a PS3 to PS4. I've always had playstations and they've never disappointed me, plus I can't get on with the Xbox controller!
Anyone going to get a gamin PC?....No?
To answer neither, I'll sped the money on PC games. Though If i had to get one It'd be the PS4, and if I had a console on the current generation it would be the PS3.
Original post by Appeal to reason
Started on PS3, bought a 360 for halo once they got cheaper, then traded in my PS3 to switch to just 360. Going back to Sony. I should never have left.
Will trophies achieved on PS3 games be listed on PS4? (Assuming PS4 still has them, not like its a deal break, I was just curious)

Would buy a gaming PC but don't really have the money, and its not as much of a social gaming platform.

Provided future halos are released on 360, I'll hang onto it.

STEAM!!! :smile:
+ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGeWdzFRh3Y
Plus in 4 months you'll be able to build a better one :smile:
Reply 99
Wheres is the option of 'None because consoles suck, get a desktop PC'?

Quick Reply

Latest