Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

University of Derby

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone going to study at Derby in September? or is studying there now?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting in September to do bsc Psychology What are you doing?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ohh really? I nearly did psychology! but changed it to law at the last minute Are you staying in halls?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting Foundation Programme - Joint Honours in September! Can't wait now - 94 days to go!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashtonpaige)
    Ohh really? I nearly did psychology! but changed it to law at the last minute Are you staying in halls?
    No, I live near by (Burton) so i'm commuting
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simplylldxo)
    I'm starting Foundation Programme - Joint Honours in September! Can't wait now - 94 days to go!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Woooooo! Not long now! What foundation programme are you doing? Is it just me, or are you nervous too? :confused:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh right, lucky that you can commute! I'm from East Sussex so i have no chance of being able to do that! hahaa
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking American Studies, Business and History! I'm nervous but really excited; wish it'd hurry up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

If any of you have any general questions about university in general, student life, living in halls etc. Feel free to ask! I am a current student at the University of Derby so will be able to give you answers from the student perspective.

Stacey
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of Derby)
    Hi everyone,

If any of you have any general questions about university in general, student life, living in halls etc. Feel free to ask! I am a current student at the University of Derby so will be able to give you answers from the student perspective.

Stacey
    What are the lectures like e.g. size and duration? That's what I'm afraid of

Also what happens during the induction and enrollment days?
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simplylldxo)
    What are the lectures like e.g. size and duration? That's what I'm afraid of

Also what happens during the induction and enrollment days?
    Hi simplylldxo,

Lecture size and length can vary, but i'll go on my experience. My biggest lecture can have up to 150 students. My smallest lecture can have 15-20 students. Standard class length is now 4 hours for programmes with 6 modules per year. You will have a break during your class, so it isn't 4 hours straight.

Induction and enrollment are key events. Induction prepares you for your course, it gives you your timetable, reading lists and tells you about what you'll be studying. Enrollment is when you officially become a student. You have to enrol in order to release your student finance payments.

Hope this has helped, if you have any more questions, please do ask!

Stacey
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of Derby)
    Hi simplylldxo,

Lecture size and length can vary, but i'll go on my experience. My biggest lecture can have up to 150 students. My smallest lecture can have 15-20 students. Standard class length is now 4 hours for programmes with 6 modules per year. You will have a break during your class, so it isn't 4 hours straight.

Induction and enrollment are key events. Induction prepares you for your course, it gives you your timetable, reading lists and tells you about what you'll be studying. Enrollment is when you officially become a student. You have to enrol in order to release your student finance payments.

Hope this has helped, if you have any more questions, please do ask!

Stacey
    Thankyou; its been a great help

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 17, 2013
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.