The Student Room Group

Withdrawing myself?!

I am feeling really worried about my AS History exam on Wednesday, I know absolutely no information that I need to know at all. Due to the fact that for the first 6 months of the AS year we were put with an access class and taught random stuff about the second world war which doesnt even fit in the period that we are doing. So do you think its a good idea to go through the textbooks I have, answer the questions and makes notes and then do past papers over the summer then do the exam in January, or do the exam on Wednesday and fail?!

I am also doing unit 2 of English Literature and unit 2 & 3 of Psychology in January.
personally i would withdraw, you dont have that many exams in the summer. or else you could do it now and resit in the summer
Reply 2
I would take the exam, it will be good practice and you may come out with a pretty decent grade.

Good luck :biggrin:
Reply 3
You might as well give it your best shot now. Do as much revision as you can, you never know, you might not do as bad as you think. At least that way you have a back up for January. If you fail, you fail, but you might as well have a go.
Reply 4
This is my only exam this summer but I feel so bad about it, it just makes me not want to revise.
Reply 5
Yeh I totally get what you're saying, but at the end of the day, what do you have to lose by sitting it?
Reply 6
I have looked at some past papers and I have no clue how to answer any of the questions.
Reply 7
Which board/topics are you doing?
If it's your only exam, you might as well give it a go and see how you do. You have the rest of today and Monday and Tuesday to cram and you might do better than you think. It can only help to have some practice at the exam so that if you do need to resit it, it will seem easier. It will definitely lighten your workload if you can get it out of the way though.
Reply 9
NickiM
Which board/topics are you doing?

OCR
Germany 1919-45
Germany 1933-45 - Sources
British History 1899-19?:redface:
Reply 10
do it, even if just to get a feel for writing the questions in the exam time and u might get nice-ish questions... i did the two nazi papers same as u and also age of peel for british history
xxx
Reply 11
I think its probably worth trying to teach yourself it and at least having a go... from your signature, youre obviously going to start your AS levels again, so go for it... You have nothing to lose.
Reply 12
kirstinx
I am feeling really worried about my AS History exam on Wednesday, I know absolutely no information that I need to know at all. Due to the fact that for the first 6 months of the AS year we were put with an access class and taught random stuff about the second world war which doesnt even fit in the period that we are doing. So do you think its a good idea to go through the textbooks I have, answer the questions and makes notes and then do past papers over the summer then do the exam in January, or do the exam on Wednesday and fail?!

I am also doing unit 2 of English Literature and unit 2 & 3 of Psychology in January.

I am in *EXACTLY* the same position as you in the History stuff. I have tried to cram some but got Biology Unit 1 & 2 tomorrow and then on Wednesday got 3 Chemistry exams, so well annoyed about History I hate it aswell :mad: :mad: - Im just gonna try my best I guess, no point withdrawning now, just try the exam and if you have to, retake it in Jan.
I managed to cram a bit in the last few days before my AS exam last year, so I would give it a try and see what you can do. You could then get your papers back and see which bits were good/bad.

Latest