The Student Room Group

ski season age limit- help please!!!

So basically I am considering doing a ski season this winter, working in a chalet doing cleaning etc. I can't seem to find the lower age limit anywhere, and although I am eligible to work in the UK I will be 17 for the season. Most of the requirements just say 'UK National Insurance number', which I have, so I was thinking of just applying and seeing how it goes. if anyone has some advice on the whole general idea, or just knows what they're talking about or has done a season before, please please let me know!!!
many thanks :smile:
Reply 1
If you're unsure just ask your potential employer.
Yeah I agree with the above, just contact your employer and ask :smile:
Reply 3
thanks guys!!! :smile:
Original post by ionaaa
So basically I am considering doing a ski season this winter, working in a chalet doing cleaning etc. I can't seem to find the lower age limit anywhere, and although I am eligible to work in the UK I will be 17 for the season. Most of the requirements just say 'UK National Insurance number', which I have, so I was thinking of just applying and seeing how it goes. if anyone has some advice on the whole general idea, or just knows what they're talking about or has done a season before, please please let me know!!!
many thanks :smile:

So for a lot of the chalet roles I looked at they wanted you to be 25 but that was for people interacting with the guests - it depends how far down the food chain you are willing to work.
Reply 5
Did you ahve any luck with this ? As I was thinking of a similar thing

Quick Reply

Latest