The Student Room Group

edexcel gcse Maths linear resources

Hi guys i think i need some serious revision tips for the edexcel calculator exam, what do you guys suggest to do?, I need a B but would like an A and i will put the work in if you could point me in the right direction, i have past papers and the cgp revision guide, is there anything else i should look at?
thanks

Scroll to see replies

Be careful, any discussion of possible topic etc before midnight could result in warning points.
Original post by Mr M
Be careful, any discussion of possible topic etc before midnight could result in warning points.

Why can't we discuss it? And will you post the answers after like usual?
Original post by feathermoon
Why can't we discuss it? And will you post the answers after like usual?

Because you will damage your own chances by giving hints and answers to people who haven't sat the exam yet in other countries.

Answers go up at midnight.
Original post by Mr M
Because you will damage your own chances by giving hints and answers to people who haven't sat the exam yet in other countries.

Thanks so much :smile:
When you say "answers go up at midnight" do you mean the actual markscheme?
Sorry for a nooby question but Maths is the only subject I take with edexcel I know nothing about it.
Reply 6
Original post by Minecraft27
Sorry for a nooby question but Maths is the only subject I take with edexcel I know nothing about it.

Not the mark scheme - So he won't tell you if you get one mark for putting this or one mark for putting that.

He will just give the answers for the questions :smile:
Original post by Minecraft27

It's not the actual mark scheme but teachers like Mr M put up the answers that they got, (which are correct.) It's not official but perfectly correct. This is the first GCSE I'm taking too so I felt 'nooby' before too :P
Reply 8
I just meant to discuss revision for the exam on friday.
Reply 9
Yeah I need help with this too. Revision for friday
Reply 10
Original post by Mr M

How can these be accessed? Sorry I am new here.
Reply 11
how is everyone revising for the calculator paper? im not sure whether to do all the papers or not...:redface:
Reply 12
Original post by Jack_Parkes
Hi guys i think i need some serious revision tips for the edexcel calculator exam, what do you guys suggest to do?, I need a B but would like an A and i will put the work in if you could point me in the right direction, i have past papers and the cgp revision guide, is there anything else i should look at?
thanks

mathswatch and mymaths are really good if you want to achieve an a/a*
Reply 13
ok thanks a lot
Original post by sr234
how is everyone revising for the calculator paper? im not sure whether to do all the papers or not...:redface:

Learn proof etc alot of algebra etc lots of that comes up
Reply 15
at dis point ,,there is no1 else in any country that still needs to do dis exam,, i looked up the edexcel website for countries actually taking part,,,,, can we plzz discuss answers now???
Reply 16
Original post by Mr M
Becaus you will damage your own chances by giving hints and answers to people who haven't sat the exam yet in other countries.

I can't wait till midnight now...
Reply 17
Original post by saqibjr
I can't wait till midnight now...

It's the rules. Just wait like the rest of us.
Reply 18
Original post by physicsmaths
Learn proof etc alot of algebra etc lots of that comes up

okay thanks:smile: do you just do past papers?:smile:
Reply 19
Avoid MyMaths like the plague.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending