The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

County College Applicants 2013/14

Now that accommodation has opened up, I thought I would create a thread where us who have applied can get to know one another.
If you could start by introducing yourselves by;

course

accommodation type

where you are from

I'm doing theoretical physics, townhouses and Gloucestershire.

Looking forward to meeting you all later this year :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Hello! My name's Gareth. I've been using the forums here without an account for a while for information on Lancaster, but now there's a thread for County I took the plunge to make an account.

I'm planning on taking History (V100) at Lancaster, and I'm hoping for Townhouse accomodation. I'm also from Manchester. Nice to meet you!
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by Gareth.Williams
Hello! My name's Gareth. I've been using the forums here without an account for a while for information on Lancaster, but now there's a thread for County I took the plunge to make an account.

I'm planning on taking History (V100) at Lancaster, and I'm hoping for Townhouse accomodation. I'm also from Manchester. Nice to meet you!

Hi i'm originally from manchester before i moved and might be seeing you in the townhouse if my exams aren't too bad but this time round they seem to have got a lot harder.
Yeah, some of the exams this year were tricky. Which A Levels did you take?
Yeah, some of the exams this year were tricky. Which A Levels did you take?

Chemistry, Physics, maths and further maths you?
Original post by XTRdigital
Chemistry, Physics, maths and further maths you?

History, English Lang, Media Studies and Critical Thinking.
Hi :biggrin: My name's Henry! Been using these forums mainly for revision purposes..

I'll be studying Environmental Biology, applied for County superior standard accommodation and I'm from Norwich!

Hope all your exams went well!
Hey Henry, same to you on your exams!
Reply 8
Heyy I'm Katie and I'm also from Manchester so not too far away. I've applied for English Lit and hopefully a townhouse, they look so nice. Lovely to meet you all and good luck with your results, I'm sure you won't need it :smile:
Hey Katie, townhouses seem popular, don't they? :biggrin:

What books did you cover at A Level?
Reply 10
Hey Katie, townhouses seem popular, don't they? :biggrin:

What books did you cover at A Level?

Heyy they do, I thought they were so nice! I loved the mini living room :smile: I studied The Kite Runner, The Great Gatsby, Othello, Death of a Salesman and poems by Browning and Tennyson for AS and then Macbeth, Wuthering Heights, The Bloody Chamber (such a weird book), Rebecca and Jane Eyre for A2. I actually enjoyed them all which doesn't happen often haha I also did History and Geography :smile:
Original post by WebbiWebbo
Heyy I'm Katie and I'm also from Manchester so not too far away. I've applied for English Lit and hopefully a townhouse, they look so nice. Lovely to meet you all and good luck with your results, I'm sure you won't need it :smile:

Hey Katie, I'm Keelan,I put down townhouses as well, we might end up sharing one :smile:
what hobbies do you have?
Reply 12
Hey Keelan, nice to meet you :smile: yeeah that'd be cool, really hope I get my first choice. I like playing tennis, zumba, watching films, reading, acting, doing charity work and I'm a green belt in karate. People are always surprised at that because I'm tiny haha how about you? :smile:
Original post by WebbiWebbo
Hey Keelan, nice to meet you :smile: yeeah that'd be cool, really hope I get my first choice. I like playing tennis, zumba, watching films, reading, acting, doing charity work and I'm a green belt in karate. People are always surprised at that because I'm tiny haha how about you? :smile:

I like rock climbing, running, scouting, anything adventurous, music ,films and I suppose I do a lot of charity work with the scouts
Well there's at least 4 of us here - plus many more to come yet to post or not on TSR - so I'll post an open question: why did you choose County?
Reply 15
If you guys have any questions feel free to ask me. I lived in a County Townhouse this year!
Reply 16
Original post by lfcjamie
If you guys have any questions feel free to ask me. I lived in a County Townhouse this year!

Hey I have applied for accommodation and chose townhouse for both my options I have a couple of questions if you don't mind answering?

1. I have heard people say that the social scene/atmosphere in a townhouse is the best out of all the accomodation, is this true?
2. What floor is the best to have your room in?
3. Do you get many international students in townhouses?
4. I know that you don't get a cleaner that comes like in other accomodation choices and I was wondering if this was a big problem in terms of cleaning with your other housemates and making a rota that people stuck to?

Thank you
Reply 17
Original post by krumister
Hey I have applied for accommodation and chose townhouse for both my options I have a couple of questions if you don't mind answering?

1. I have heard people say that the social scene/atmosphere in a townhouse is the best out of all the accomodation, is this true?
2. What floor is the best to have your room in?
3. Do you get many international students in townhouses?
4. I know that you don't get a cleaner that comes like in other accomodation choices and I was wondering if this was a big problem in terms of cleaning with your other housemates and making a rota that people stuck to?

Thank you

1) Yeah I'd say the townhouse lends itself quite well socially due to the living space we have!
2) Well you don't get a choice in this. I was on the first floor and really liked having my room there because a) it's closer to the kitchen and b) I found that the top floor could get extremely hot when the weather heats up!
3) In my townhouse there were no international students but in others there were some yes. I'd struggle to say how many though.
4) Hmm I think this one largely depends on what your housemates are like. My house wasn't particularly great in this regard but usually we'd all muck in to get it to an acceptable standard when the kitchen inspections came around! It was livable though. A couple of houses were disgusting and some immaculate so I think you'll have to wait and see on this one!

Hope I helped!
Reply 18
Hey guys, i applied to county as my first choice! Alas, i'm gonna have to buck the townhouse trend because I chose the superior ensuite room :gasp:
Hey Orthus, welcome to the firmers thread!

What course(s) are you applying for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending