The Student Room Group

Finance and Accounting vs Economics

So i would ideally like to do Economics at Uni, preferably in London, but unfortunately i doubt i could get an A* in maths to go to LSE or UCL.
This led me to look at the accounting and finance course at LSE (AAA) , and considering i believe i would enjoy this, and it has unparalleled opportunities being in London and at LSE, i would happily put this as an option, along with Economics at other places such as Leeds. HOWEVER, is it a bad idea considering my personal statement would have to somehow cater for A&F and Economics? and would this damage my chances of getting an offer?

Sorry for the long-winded story,
Thanks in advance
Reply 1
DPMO
(edited 10 years ago)
Don't get hung up on the idea that 'LSE or UCL' are the only Unis worth going to for Economics.

Plenty of 'good' Unis accept AAA - Manchester, Bristol, Durham, SOAS (London) for a start. And LSE accept AAA for Economics with another subject (ie. Philosophy or Government).

Many people apply for two different subjects - especially in order to give themselves an Insurance fall-back. See this for advice on how to word your PS : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Personal_Statement_FAQs#How_do_I_write_it_for_two_different_courses.3F
Reply 3
GCD
OP
i know they're not the only ones worth going to, it is just that i love London life, and the city generally and it would be my ideal place to go. i have considered a joint degree, but cannot see myself enjoying philosophy etc (i know i come across as very fussy) haha. Plus Bristol and Durham are A*AA for economics :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending