The Student Room Group

Virgins using brothels

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Put the 'cash' to one side. You are selling your dignity by providing these kinds of services. Just work on your looks and body and get a real woman who will love you and vice versa.

Any man who has used a brothel and does not feel absolutely guilty is not someone i would even want to associate with.
Original post by madders94
Why? If it's regulated it can be done safely and making sure that prostitutes get paid fairly and aren't discriminated or looked down upon.

Prostitutes would receive lower wages because of the costs of licensing, insurance etc etc and because the amount of competition would mushroom. They and their clients would be safer from abuse and contracting disease though.
Original post by madders94
More jobs, more money, more regulation of the prostitution business, more happy people. I see no issues :smile:

Are u srs? Is everyone on TSR just a crazy liberal or does my generation have no morals at all? I mean ur a girl, ur supposed to be against this, it destroys women's lives.
Reply 23
Original post by Dekota-XS
The business generated from first time sex seekers has been on the rise within brothels recently. A leading group of psychologists have conducted a study that more and more teenagers are turning to brothels and one night stands because of the increased peer pressure of losing their virginity early. The study shows that such changes are indicative of the shift in societal values among the new generation and how the perception of sexual relationships have changed over the decade. The study concludes that in the future, a new trend will emerge whereby prostitution and brothel business will become a socially acceptable norm and the laws governing the legal age of sexual consent may have to be revised and be reduced which currently stand at the age of 16.

How do you all feel about this? If the giving and receiving of sexual favours becomes a business/franchise and how would you take to the development of an app that allows advanced booking of sexual services after they are legalised?

Link to study?
Original post by scapepower
Put the 'cash' to one side. You are selling your dignity by providing these kinds of services. Just work on your looks and body and get a real woman who will love you and vice versa.

Any man who has used a brothel and does not feel absolutely guilty is not someone i would even want to associate with.

Good attitude, that's exactly what we need from the male gender to even out the balance of power between men and women.
Original post by Scott.
People are so desperate that they want to use brothels to lose their virginity?

If it's because of the stigma, then there's going to be an even bigger on if they lose their virginity at a bloody brothel.

Generic male: Hai !

Woman: Hi.

GM: How'd you lose your virginity?

W: Oh. Erm. Well
(beat)
this is the thing. I felt society was against me, so I decided to get cream pie'd at a brothel.

GM: WHAT. THE. ****.

Its not that easy though. Society creates rules thats why its a society and not just a group of random people. To fit in and feel like you are a part of society, you need to make sure you are worthy enough..if that means losing your virginity to a prostitute then so be it. Its not a decision you make on impulse and I don't think of myself as a bad person having done it and nor should the girl I would end up in a relationship with.
Reply 26
Original post by scrotgrot
Good attitude, that's exactly what we need from the male gender to even out the balance of power between men and women.

The women in these services just reinforce the idea of women as sex objects in society.

Consensual sex is one thing, and treating women or men like tools and objects goes against the sanctity of what a human being is, the roles they have and so on.
Original post by Anonymous
Ill probably get nagged for this but I've actually used such a service on more than one occasion and even lost my virginity to a prostitute. Obviously I would have liked it to be with someone special and all that but I was getting older and the light at the end of the tunnel was no where near.

How old were you when you went?
Reply 28

If you are a migrant worker and are only working in a country temporarily (on secondment, short-term contract, etc.), surely it makes no sense to 'get a real woman who will love you' over there since you intend to leave and move elsewhere once your contract is finished?

Hence why there are a higher concentration of brothels in areas where there has historically been alot of flux in employment (people moving in and out at short notice) - e.g. Amsterdam, Mumbai, Singapore.
Reply 29
If both are consenting then whats the problem? but probably wise to stay clear as i don't want any STI's!

Work on your looks? You can't change your face or height. Women don't care how good your body looks if you have an ugly face and are short.

Also, these kind of services are used mostly by married men. Their wifes won't have sex with them any more, so they pay for it instead.
Reply 31
Original post by Harrie Lyons
Are u srs? Is everyone on TSR just a crazy liberal or does my generation have no morals at all? I mean ur a girl, ur supposed to be against this, it destroys women's lives.

How? Are you sure it is not the drug addition that often does?

The act of prostitution in a regulated environment doesn't.
Reply 32
Original post by effofex
If you are a migrant worker and are only working in a country temporarily (on secondment, short-term contract, etc.), surely it makes no sense to 'get a real woman who will love you' over there since you intend to leave and move elsewhere once your contract is finished?

Hence why there are a higher concentration of brothels in areas where there has historically been alot of flux in employment (people moving in and out at short notice) - e.g. Amsterdam, Mumbai, Singapore.

Get into a temporary relationship/marriage.
Original post by effofex
How do you know they are visiting the brothel just for the purpose of telling their social circle that they have lost their virginity?

The OP was referring to teenagers who are turning to prostitution due to peer pressure.

They could just be going out of curiosity, to experience what sexual intercourse is like, or because they are sexually frustrated?

Again, my response was to the scenario the OP posted. I'd question how many young people (presumably we are talking 16-18, roughly) are sexually frustrated to the point of requiring prostitution. Maybe I'm naive to the problem though.
Reply 34
The women in these services just reinforce the idea of women as sex objects in society.

Consensual sex is one thing, and treating women or men like tools and objects goes against the sanctity of what a human being is, the roles they have and so on.

Not really. They often have other jobs in addition to being a prostitute you know.
Original post by NathanW18
How old were you when you went?

23. If you're going to tell me thats young then I won't bother arguing cause you and me both know that that is way above the average age people lose their virginity. I had friends who had multiple experiences at this age and were in steady serious relationships.
Reply 36
Original post by Converse Rocker
The OP was referring to teenagers who are turning to prostitution due to peer pressure.

Again, my response was to the scenario the OP posted. I'd question how many young people (presumably we are talking 16-18, roughly) are sexually frustrated to the point of requiring prostitution. Maybe I'm naive to the problem though.

The male sex drive often peaks around 16-19.

I presume that by "dignity" you mean the dignity that YOU would lose if you partook in prostitution, whether paying or being paid, rather than the dignity that many prostitutes and their customers would not similarly be losing in their eyes.

Guilty of what?
Reply 38
Original post by NathanW18
Work on your looks? You can't change your face or height. Women don't care how good your body looks if you have an ugly face and are short.

Also, these kind of services are used mostly by married men. Their wifes won't have sex with them any more, so they pay for it instead.

My friend, you can change all of it.

Face - get chemical peels, good skin care routine. Tweeze brows (if you need to depending on who it is), get a beard that suits you, change your hair. That will add at least two points to your looks out of 10. Get teeth whitened.

Body- women DO care about body. Most do not like skinny guys. They like wide shoulders (lift for them) and a good body. They don't like overly muscular bodies like those proffesionals, but no-one is going to get a body that good.

Height - stretch out your spine, bad posture decreases height.

and men don't need to be as good looking if they have money.
Reply 39
Get into a temporary relationship/marriage.

Why would you do the latter? (Marriage) - certainly in the Anglo-Saxon world, marriage is assumed to be a permanent thing. E.g. - if I come to work in London for just 2 years, what is the point in marrying a local woman if I am just going to leave for Munich 2 years later (she may not speak German and may not have any employment prospects in Munich unlike me).

Surely it is alot simpler to visit a series of prostitutes? It causes less emotional distress to a prospective partner after all, no?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending