The Student Room Group

Is it possible to resit an A2 exam while studying at Uni?

I am in year 13 and doing my A2 exams.
I am pretty sure I did really badly in one exam which was really difficult, and I would like to know if it's possible to resit just that one exam while at uni. Or would I have to retake the whole year?
I know this exam is going to affect my results. :frown:
Reply 1
But if your at uni surely it didn't effect you that much, based on the fact you got to uni
maybe its for her personal satisfaction?
Reply 3
Hey, the whole point of doing well in exams is to get into uni. If you get in, why would you want to retake? If you do not get into uni, then you should retake and reapply or go through clearing.

Don't panic, you may have done better than anticipated!
Reply 4
Original post by n_edmonds
Hey, the whole point of doing well in exams is to get into uni. If you get in, why would you want to retake? If you do not get into uni, then you should retake and reapply or go through clearing.

Don't panic, you may have done better than anticipated!

I just want to have better results at then end.
Thank you though, that's what I will do. Try and go through clearing.
It all depends on the results ><
Reply 5
Original post by Shaxx
I just want to have better results at then end.
Thank you though, that's what I will do. Try and go through clearing.
It all depends on the results ><

If you do get into uni, you can still retake to improve your grade if it makes you happy and satisfied to do so! Good luck!
Reply 6
Yes, you should be able to. Enter the exam as an independent candidate and take it at a local centre, either local at home or uni (I don't think it matters, but I would double check this)

However I don't think it really matters, provided you get in to uni... Some graduate schemes and work placements will ask for varying levels of ucas points, so if you can get up an overall grade from the exam it may be worth it if you don't have many ucas points, but at the same time this exam could be a distraction from your studies at uni.
Reply 7
Original post by n_edmonds
If you do get into uni, you can still retake to improve your grade if it makes you happy and satisfied to do so! Good luck!

Yeah, thank you
Reply 8
Wow!! While studying medicine! And at KCL! That's really shocking..
Do you know if they did their A level at their sixth for or at a centre?

Thank you
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
Right! Oh okay

Quick Reply

Latest