The Student Room Group

The Truth About UKIP

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by SHallowvale
Again i'm seeing people such as yourself blast insults at the guy without really responding to the points he's made.

Do you expect me to watch over 30 minutes of a guy talking to me like an idiot, referring to 'the majority of ignorant voters' and who insults my patriotism?
I'm sorry, I've heard all the anti-UKIP arguments already and I don't need to waste my time hearing it repeated again.
UKIP are exactly what this country needs although admittedly I would be worried if they appeared to be heading in the direction of being able to form government. Thankfully it looks like that won't happen and they're staying in the background, forcing the major parties to the right
Oh dear!
Another indoctrinated drone who'se posted an 'informative' video of UKIP. Sorry to piss on your chips pal,but most of the working class population agree with UKIP. What you/he/your 'best mate' should of done is put together an 'hilarious' montage of left wing,middle class liberals and there 'ssssoooo multi-culti PC values which benifit no one but themselve's and continue to **** Brit's over.
Now why do'nt you do us all a favour and take your out-dated, nue-liebour late 90's,stereotypical leftwing bull**** else where. Leave the adult's to make up there own mind's. You...go back to the sixth form...run by immature left wing radicals.
Original post by ed-
Do you expect me to watch over 30 minutes of a guy talking to me like an idiot, referring to 'the majority of ignorant voters' and who insults my patriotism?
I'm sorry, I've heard all the anti-UKIP arguments already and I don't need to waste my time hearing it repeated again.
UKIP are exactly what this country needs although admittedly I would be worried if they appeared to be heading in the direction of being able to form government. Thankfully it looks like that won't happen and they're staying in the background, forcing the major parties to the right

So, you have not actually watched the video. It's nice to see that some UKIP supporters don't even listen to criticism. Of course in your mind, ignoring an opposing view and blasting it names is much better. -.-

Original post by whitewelshman
Oh dear!
Another indoctrinated drone who'se posted an 'informative' video of UKIP. Sorry to piss on your chips pal,but most of the working class population agree with UKIP. What you/he/your 'best mate' should of done is put together an 'hilarious' montage of left wing,middle class liberals and there 'ssssoooo multi-culti PC values which benifit no one but themselve's and continue to **** Brit's over.
Now why do'nt you do us all a favour and take your out-dated, nue-liebour late 90's,stereotypical leftwing bull**** else where. Leave the adult's to make up there own mind's. You...go back to the sixth form...run by immature left wing radicals.

''Most of the working class population agree with UKIP''. Not as far as I can see. ''Most'' means at least 50% (a majority). I wouldn't call 12% of votes a majority. Not to mention a good chunk of these votes comes from the elderly, not the ''working class'':

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/406931/Support-for-UKIP-plummets-by-A-THIRD-leaving-them-tied-with-the-Lib-Dems-poll-reveals

Notice that the person in the video has not discussed multiculturalism or immigration in much detail; so there is no reason for you to be so judgemental and presume that his opposition to UKIP automatically means he is in favour of multiculturalism. Also; your response, much like what others have said in this thread, does not even respond to what the video maker has actually said. Instead you've chosen to just slash insults at him and hope for the best, which isn't very reasonable and quite frankly it makes you look stupid.
Reply 23
So, you have not actually watched the video. It's nice to see that some UKIP supporters don't even listen to criticism. Of course in your mind, ignoring an opposing view and blasting it names is much better. -.-

You actually think I'm going to watch over 30 minutes of a left wing, condescending, anti-patriotic moron spout out rubbish I've heard many times over?
No.
And I'm a Conservative, thanks.

''Most of the working class population agree with UKIP''. Not as far as I can see. ''Most'' means at least 50% (a majority). I wouldn't call 12% of votes a majority. Not to mention a good chunk of these votes comes from the elderly, not the ''working class'':

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/406931/Support-for-UKIP-plummets-by-A-THIRD-leaving-them-tied-with-the-Lib-Dems-poll-reveals

Notice that the person in the video has not discussed multiculturalism or immigration in much detail; so there is no reason for you to be so judgemental and presume that his opposition to UKIP automatically means he is in favour of multiculturalism. Also; your response, much like what others have said in this thread, does not even respond to what the video maker has actually said. Instead you've chosen to just slash insults at him and hope for the best, which isn't very reasonable and quite frankly it makes you look stupid.

Yes i have chosen to question [or as the left wing/extremely sensitive precious little lambs] say 'slash insults' at him. Yet more proof that the left just cannot take views that oppose there own. Que the 'we adopt the moral pedestool by calling everyone stupid' tone. Yawn...
Original post by ed-
You actually think I'm going to watch over 30 minutes of a left wing, condescending, anti-patriotic moron spout out rubbish I've heard many times over?
No.
And I'm a Conservative, thanks.

So you've just confirmed my point. It's rather funny because i've watched the video and the man doesn't at all seem anti-patriotic. Infact, their use of information would also contradict the idea that they are a moron. Plus; see below, it also applies to what you have said.

Yes i have chosen to question [or as the left wing/extremely sensitive precious little lambs] say 'slash insults' at him. Yet more proof that the left just cannot take views that oppose there own. Que the 'we adopt the moral pedestool by calling everyone stupid' tone. Yawn...

So it's better for us to insult others rather than to take part in a reasonable debate about a specific topic/ideal...? Please read up on something called ''Ad hominem''. As much as you may like calling people names, it does nothing to strengthen your side of the arguement.
Reply 26
So you've just confirmed my point. It's rather funny because i've watched the video and the man doesn't at all seem anti-patriotic. Infact, their use of information would also contradict the idea that they are a moron. Plus; see below, it also applies to what you have said.

He's anti patriotic within the first 2 minutes! Mocking those who turn out to Prince Williams wedding and the Jubilee!
Well that's about thirty minutes of my life I'll never get back. Looks like some middle class liberal has discovered how to make and upload his own poorly thought out political commentaries.
Reply 28
Although UKIP have some promising ideas for the near future, their ideas will not last 15 years and quickly crumble under the simple power of reality.

Don't get me wrong, I think that some of UKIPs ideas are brilliant and can really fix some serious problems in this country TEMPORARILY.

This video is simply expressing the poor nature of UKIP and gives some reasons why they are not popular to certain people (those who have done extensive research)

UKIP have gained votes from some political literate people due to their anti EU ideas ect.

but

On the television Farage is constantly seen as a man with a pint and a fag, although i am not against drinking and smoking, i don't believe this is the best way to show yourself as a political party leader. i do understand that he is trying to "connect" with British people in a personal way by saying "Hey, its hard times so lets all smoke and drink", although this has been the idea for most people in these hard times, it is not a way out of this mess. PUT THE FAG AND PINT DOWN AND START KISSING BABIES ON THE FOREHEAD. Constantly people are also seeing UKIP as a way out of mainstream politics which have constantly let them down over the years and therefore support UKIP to say "**** you" to the big three. Alot of people who don't understand how deceitful and snake like politicians are, also see the words " tighter immigration laws" and think ooo i'll vote them. People are also getting lied to be UKIP with their occasional insane statistics.

It is positive to see a party like UKIP get votes just to see that Britain does still remember that we live in a democracy and we can bloody well vote who we want. I think that the UKIP vote is just a way to tell politicians "Remember, we are here and we want results". Its not as much a vote to get UKIP into power, its more of a political statement voting for them.

Before long there will be a referendum for the EU decision and i am 75 % sure that the British people will vote us out of the EU. once this has happened UKIP will fade away.

This video i think is a good starting ground for someone who thinks " so what's actually wrong with UKIP". Some of his poins were wrong and a bit, how can I say this.. forward, but then general idea of negative points towards UKIP i think was correct.

It is wrong to start calling " all student radical lefys" ect, people really need to grow up and make politics not personal. If you see a point that someone has made, which you don't agree with, then give your reasons why you believe there wrong and why you think your ideas are better. Don't just call them an idiot and leave it at that because then you seem the idiot.

I'm not fore or against UKIP or this video.I just want to put an argument out there which support against UKIP because by the looks of it there is alot of pro UKIP posts on here.
Reply 29
I love threads that bring out the anti-PC racist right that are absolutely incapable of providing any realistic argument fir UKIP not derived from a typical ideology of British nationalism and outright xenophobic sentiment. I also think I'm in love with their rather amusing appraisal of the electorate. They are never short of advocating representative democracy and a referendum on the issue of Britain remaining in the EU yet they are increasingly quick to denounce anyone further left of the Tory party as some sort of idiot/scumbag. Quite strange considering the amount of people in this country that associate with the left. Why do they feel safe leaving such a vital issue in the hands of those that they despise so? Truthfully, it's probably to keep up with their inane anti-political rhetoric that anyone with a dash of common sense can see right through.
Reply 30
"The Truth about UKIP"... is that if they don't get into government, we as a country are right-royally screwed.
Original post by ed-
He's anti patriotic within the first 2 minutes! Mocking those who turn out to Prince Williams wedding and the Jubilee!

And suddenly you have to care about such trivial things? Why should that matter to what he said in the remaining 28 minutes of the video?
(edited 10 years ago)
The thing about UKIP is they're not really anything without Farage. They're lucky to have Farage. People say there's a question time conspiracy on the BBC regarding UKIP, maybe they simply understand everyone likes Farage there because more people would watch. No-one else in UKIP stands out at all despite their 'biased amount of screentime'.
Reply 33
32 minutes? TL;DW
Reply 34
Oh dear!

What is "nue-liebour"? If you are referring to NEW LABOUR, then you have demonstrated to all concerned how politically unaware you are. I will leave the adults to make up their (pay attention to this correct spelling of their) minds, rather than you ignorant fascists.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending