The Student Room Group

AQA 8360 Further Mathematics GCSE [19th/21st June 2013)

Hi guys, this is just a thread for people doing the AQA Level 2 Certificate in Further Mathematics on the 19th and 21st of June... we should use this place to talk about the questions that might come up on the paper and key in the concepts... I hear AQA love proofs aha

Spec:
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-8360-W-SP.PDF

June 2012 series paper and SAMs:
http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/mathematics/aqa-certificate/further-mathematics-8360/past-papers-and-mark-schemes

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've done everything except matrices. I'm using the Collins Further Maths Practice Book for revision. It's a pity so few past papers are available.
Reply 2
Can anyone advise me about where to study matrices online. I'm self-studying for this exam.
Reply 3
Original post by Lella2001
Can anyone advise me about where to study matrices online. I'm self-studying for this exam.

you can try myimaths.com
I'm ****ting myself
Reply 5
I do not think it is difficult to pass it
Reply 6
I'e now gone through everything minus the geometric proofs. I so much want the A star with distinction. At a couple of schools near me all the students sitting gt an A star with distinction, so I'm guessing it is not too hard to achieve.

I've not actually seen a real exam paper only the two samples obtainable on line. Can anyone give a link to an actual past paper.
Reply 7
I've now gone through everything minus the geometric proofs. I so much want the A star with distinction. At a couple of schools near me all the students sitting gt an A star with distinction, so I'm guessing it is not too hard to achieve.

I've not actually seen a real exam paper only the two samples obtainable on line. Can anyone give a link to an actual past paper.
Reply 8
Original post by Lella2001
I've now gone through everything minus the geometric proofs. I so much want the A star with distinction. At a couple of schools near me all the students sitting gt an A star with distinction, so I'm guessing it is not too hard to achieve.

you can see the 2012 papers on the AQA website i linked :smile:
Reply 9
Which topics will come up on the calculator paper that cannot come up on the non-cal?
i honestly think anything could come up for both.
How much have you done in terms of revision?
Reply 11
I've revised everything. Today I'm going over the spec to see if I've missed anything though.
Have you done the past papers/practice papers?
And what have you been revising from?
Just in case anyone was wondering, you generally need around 58/70 in the Non Calculator paper and 87/105 in the Calculator Paper for an A^.
Yeah the boundaries have been fairly lower than expected.
I reckon for a standard A* it will be around 116-120.

What grade you guys aiming for?
Reply 16
I've been using the Hodder Education AQA Certificate in Further Mathematics book (the purple one).

You won't need any more than 114 to get an A* overall.
Max 146-ish for your Distinction.

If you want distinction aim for about 60 out of 70 in the non-cal and 88/105 for the calculator paper.
For the A* aim for about 45/70 in the non-cal and 70/105 in the Cal.
Original post by Dipesh97
I've been using the Hodder Education AQA Certificate in Further Mathematics book (the purple one).

You won't need any more than 114 to get an A* overall.
Max 146-ish for your Distinction.

If you want distinction aim for about 60 out of 70 in the non-cal and 88/105 for the calculator paper.
For the A* aim for about 45/70 in the non-cal and 70/105 in the Cal.

Really want to get this exam done with
Yeah AQA usually ask proof questions.
Been getting 45-55 in recent question papers, anyone think that's on track for an A* overall?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending