The Student Room Group

Chemical engineering requirements

I'm thinking of applying for chemical engineering in 2014 and just finished year 12 and predicted to get 4 As in maths, biology, chemistry and physics. I was wondering if I could still apply if I dropped physics and took maths, bio and chem to A2 as my schools physics department is non-existent with my AS classes relying on random teachers coming in. Im thinbing of applying to cambridge,imperial,ucl,newcastle,leeds and loughborough.
Reply 1
yes you definitely can. what sort of things have u got to put on ur ps, im in the exact same position as you except im gunna drop bio
You'll be fine. Most universities require you have maths along with either physics or chemistry.
Reply 3
Original post by mrsupertofu
I'm thinking of applying for chemical engineering in 2014 and just finished year 12 and predicted to get 4 As in maths, biology, chemistry and physics. I was wondering if I could still apply if I dropped physics and took maths, bio and chem to A2 as my schools physics department is non-existent with my AS classes relying on random teachers coming in. Im thinbing of applying to cambridge,imperial,ucl,newcastle,leeds and loughborough.

If you're looking at Cambridge you'll need Physics and it's recommended that you do Further Maths depending on the entry route you choose.

Quick Reply

Latest