The Student Room Group

Extended Project Qualification

Hi,
I will be doing EPQ next year (i.e. year 12) but I still have no idea what I want to base it on. I thought that I should do something related to medicine since I want to go to medical school and become a doctor. However, is it necessary to have to choose a topic which is linked to your future career? Or are universities looking for a student who shows other interests and not just science and maths?
Thanks, any advice would be helpful.
Hiya!
I don't know definitively if it MUST be related to your course! I mean, it's your project and with the EPQ you can choose! I've applied to do the EPQ and I'm doing it on 'Whose fault is Homelessness' but I hope to study Law, Business with Management, Business with Politics or International Relations,

It's all up to you, if you think a topic of your interest will benefit you then do it or if you want to do it related to your uni course you can do it as well!

The worlds your oyster (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by MissMedicine
Hi,
I will be doing EPQ next year (i.e. year 12) but I still have no idea what I want to base it on. I thought that I should do something related to medicine since I want to go to medical school and become a doctor. However, is it necessary to have to choose a topic which is linked to your future career? Or are universities looking for a student who shows other interests and not just science and maths?
Thanks, any advice would be helpful.

Do a medicine related one and then it makes for an easy topic of conversazione for Med School interviews.

Quick Reply

Latest