The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by wear
could anyone please answer this?
if i put 2.87 and -0.87 and vice versa (the correct answer) but with no working out (i used trial and error), is that full marks regardless?

cheers, and top work Mr M

You will get 2 marks roughly for the correct answers, possibly more...I guess there is no specific way you should answer a Sim Eq. Trial and error though, wow that must have been tedious.
Reply 41
Thank you so much for posting answers! Fortunately I think I've done ok, so you've saved me a LOT of worrying over the summer :smile:
Original post by Mr M
yes

For the last question,how many marks do i get if i substituted the values into the quadratic formula but substituted one of the values wrong?i put -5ac instead of -4ac
Original post by KDI
What was the scalene triangle question?

You needed to find the area of the triangle and then use the cosine rule to find a side.
Reply 44
Mr Mr, for Q25, I rearranged the second equation, substituted and manipulated the equation to get 2y^2-4y-5. However, I made a mistake when putting it into the quadratic formula, so I got 2.23 and -0.23. How many marks will I get?
Also, Q7, would it be okay to put 28%?
Thanks.
Reply 45
What was question 4 about?
Original post by Mr M
I don't understand what you are saying - that sounds ok I think?

Nevermind, I mis-remembered the original question. Although thanks for making the thread.
Reply 47
hi - for the inverse instead of the fraction 1.3 would be acceptable right?
Also I accidentally forgot to put the final question in the actual answer box. I got both x and y answers but just forgot to write them on the damn line.

I got around 75 I think
Reply 48
Original post by Mr M
You needed to find the area of the triangle and then use the cosine rule to find a side.

Many thanks for answers and responses in each paper's thread; will rep. when possible again.
Original post by JakeWerth
What if I rounded the upper/lower bound question to 2 decimal places?!?!?!
But put the full ones in working??

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's fine
Reply 50
Based on Mr M's answers i got 98, yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!
And i got 94 on the non calculator!
Reply 51
:frown: I got around 110/200 maximum, would that be enough to just scape a B? I really need one!
Original post by tingirl
Thank you so much for posting answers! Fortunately I think I've done ok, so you've saved me a LOT of worrying over the summer :smile:

Good!
Reply 53
This is great! I remember that for the non-calc. paper someone posted a link to an answered paper on dropbox. Does anyone know where the answered paper for this question is?
Reply 54
OMG!!!!I GOT 99! I think i got 4.6 for the trial and improvement cause i worked out 4.65 and i found it to be closer to 4.6 i think.. O well it is an a* i guess :smile:
Reply 55
This exam went great apart from the last question. Oddly for one of them, I got-2.87 but not for the others. Oh well, at least I'll get two/three marks for squaring y at the bottom. None the less, this was so much better than the first paper. I think I got at least 95 on this paper and at least 78 on the other paper. The question is, will it be enough for an A*?
Reply 56
Dear Mr M, for the last question on simultaneous equations, I factorized the equation after getting 2y squared-4y+4 =0. I got my answers as x = -3,1 and y = 1,-3. Would I get any method marks for this?
Reply 57
can anyone remember the inverse proportion and solving equations questions (12) please??
Provisionally I've got 63-73, which is roughly 136... is that enough for an A?
Reply 58
For the Trial and Improvement

I wrote at the end :

4.65 rounded to 1 d.p is 4.7

But as the answer I wrote 4.6 (Because 4.7 would have given a bigger value)...

How many marks did I lose?
Mr M for the Inverse Proportion Question I wrote 1.3 instead is it right?

Latest

Trending

Trending