The Student Room Group

I feel so alone

All my friends have upset me in one way or another. And I'm not being oversensitive. One of them keeps having sly digs at me and putting me down. The other uses me and never does anything nice for me in return. One of them just makes me feel rubbish by trying to make me jealous because she passed exams and I failed (I'm at uni). I don't have anyone. And I am not assertive either. I just let people walk all over me.
Reply 1
anyone?????
They aren't your friends, so stop thinking of them as that and cut them out of your life, they obviously upset you. Take the extra time loneliness affords you to work on yourself, your self esteem, your fitness and your confidence. There is no reason to be shy or un assertive if you work at it, and it will take hard work.
Reply 3
They're not real friends, get rid. They put you down so as to make themselves feel better and you shouldn't have to put up with that. As for the one that uses you, tell her no. Change your circle of "friends" with better people. (:
Reply 4
I can relate.
I was like you once- I hung out with people who were complete d*cks ( Hell, I still feel alone now). If they don't appreciate you, sever contact. Also, if you do have to talk to them, don't let them get to you; Act nonchalant about whatever they say. And honestly, it's better to be on your own than with people who aren't worth your time.
Reply 5
Friends aren't supposed you make you feel that way, they don't sound like your genuine friends. Try seeking new friends.
Reply 6
Tbh I understand how you feel, except from most of my friends seem to just leave me out on nights out or going for drinks at spoons... Some shizz did happen with the people who I go to spoons with but when spoke about it, they said everything's fine and shizz.. Although you will be lonely, disconnect yourself from them. If they are your real friends, they wouldn't do this to you in the first place - simple as and would make more of an effort. Trust me, some friends who will give you the respect you deserve will come along and treat you how you would like!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I dont think these lot are your real friends. So go out and find new ones. Them lot deserve each other.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
All my friends have upset me in one way or another. And I'm not being oversensitive. One of them keeps having sly digs at me and putting me down. The other uses me and never does anything nice for me in return. One of them just makes me feel rubbish by trying to make me jealous because she passed exams and I failed (I'm at uni). I don't have anyone. And I am not assertive either. I just let people walk all over me.

I used to have 'friends' like this in year 10/11, but I still hung around with them because I guess I was scared of moving on. It's easier said than done tbh. Thankfully they left at the end of year 11.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending