The Student Room Group

Difficulty of the UKCAT and practice materials

Hello everyone,

For those of you who've already taken the UKCAT in another cycle, can you please let me know how it compared in reality to the various test prep materials you used?

I thought I was getting ok at the QR but the mock official test was a lot harder than I anticipated which has made me a bit blue.

Is the medify standard roughly accurate? This seems a lot easier than some of the other stuff I've seen.

All input is appreciated!

Thanks
FL
Medify is the most accurate. I would say QR is a lot easier in the test and DA is quite a bit harder. The other two are pretty similar.
Thank you! I'll be glad when this is all over...
Original post by frustratedlawyer
Thank you! I'll be glad when this is all over...

I'd say get it over as quickly as possible
Booked for the start of ​July. Hope it's like Medify rather than the online mocks :smile:
the official ones on the website are way harder than the real thing, especially the maths ones. The real thing is difficult, but not that hard!
Reply 6
Can anyone please tell me how the actual selection of the questions work? I've been told it's random so theoretically one unlucky person could get all hard questions whereas one very lucky candidate could get all easy questions. Is this true?
Original post by GCSE-help
Can anyone please tell me how the actual selection of the questions work? I've been told it's random so theoretically one unlucky person could get all hard questions whereas one very lucky candidate could get all easy questions. Is this true?

Exactly, although i imagine they rank how hard the questions are and you get a mix of difficulties. I do believe I got a particularly easy mix of QR questions, as in half didn't require a single calculation, just reading the tables/ graphs.
Reply 8
I've got my test on the 12th sept, any advice for preparing for it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending