The Student Room Group

I hate my girlfriends smoking.

aa
(edited 9 years ago)
She will only stop if she wants to. Saying that, would she consider e cigs, even if its just for around you as you don't get the risk or the smell with those. With the fact that they're cheaper, healthier and more pleasant for everyone (some of the favoured liquids are really nice) she might decide to switch to them. Its worth a try at least.
Depending on how much she loves you, you could make her stop by overcoming the addiction through a stronger power called love :biggrin:
Ahaha I sound like a spiritual guy.

ps And explain what happened to your nan etc, she'll understand and yeah ecigs.
Reply 3
How old is she?
Reply 4
Dump her mate, no girls worth lung cancer
Reply 5
Original post by thomash131

Your point is? It's legal for her to smoke, just not to buy them if that's what you're getting at.

No, not that. I'm 17 and I smoke (unfortunatelu :frown: )

It's that you're still young, no need to worry about anything, I don't want to sound like a prick but you will break up, it won't last forever.
Reply 6
aa
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Not even read the OP, but I think my answer would still be TALK TO HER ABOUT IT - LET HER KNOW, BRO
The inevitable health risk, the cost of smoking and the very unappealing smell and taste for non-smokers, make it not sensible and quite a selfish thing to do.

But you can't change her, it's her choice, good or bad. You have to either respect that or find a new girlfriend - preferably one that does not smoke.
Reply 9
Original post by uberteknik
The inevitable health risk, the cost of smoking and the very unappealing smell and taste for non-smokers, make it not sensible and quite a selfish thing to do.

But you can't change her, it's her choice, good or bad. You have to either respect that or find a new girlfriend - preferably one that does not smoke.

I'm happy that she's willing to compromise for me though. She never smells of cigarettes, and I don't even see them. To be honest, I hadn't even thought about them until someone brought it up the other day.

I have always understood that it's her choice, and if that's what makes her happy, then I'm not going to complain.
Well you could politely persuade her to give it up but it is easier said than done, but you may have to just accept the fact she likes to smoke, the only other option would be if you really hate it, would be to dump her.
If she doesn't smoke around you I don't see the problem, you're 16, you are unlikely to marry the girl.
Reply 12
See, you asked for advice, and the only advice anyone can give is either "persuade her to stop" (which you say makes you feel guilty) or leave her, which you say feels silly. It's either one or the other, or learn to put up with it.

There is no benefit to smoking and if she's a smoker from 16, it does not make for a promising, healthy future. You should feel no guilt in trying to persuade someone you love to give up a pointless, almost self-destructive habit (provided you aren't relentless or preachy about it) that will ultimately lead to the both of you being happier and healthier. There's all manners of methods to help a smoker quit around.
Reply 13
Original post by thomash131
Not going to happen, I love her and to leave her over that seems a little silly.

Its silly to be concerned for your health? U wot m8?

Quick Reply

Latest