The Student Room Group

The first British fighter to die in Syria

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Just to inform (for those that care), but the second British fighter in the OP video (comes around 4.10 mark) has recently been martyred.

So he may be the second British born fighter to die in Syria.
Reply 61
Original post by Al-Mudaari
Just to inform (for those that care), but the second British fighter in the OP video (comes around 4.10 mark) has recently been martyred.

Good

Better dead over there than scrounging of the state over here

Shame his family didn't go with him as we will now have to support them :angry:
Reply 62
Original post by PopaPork
Good

Better dead over there than scrounging of the state over here

Shame his family didn't go with him as we will now have to support them :angry:

Didn't your mother teach you that you should respect the dead?
Reply 63
Didn't your mother teach you that you should respect the dead?

No. Do you respect Hitler? He's dead

1 less terrorist rotting in hell is 1 less terrorist this is a good thing and should be cheered about
Reply 64
No. Do you respect Hitler? He's dead

1 less terrorist rotting in hell is 1 less terrorist this is a good thing and should be cheered about

I suppose that's the difference (in terms of perceptions). You consider this great man a "terrorist", whilst I certainly don't.
Reply 65
I suppose that's the difference (in terms of perceptions). You consider this great man a "terrorist", whilst I certainly don't.

he's scum and now he's dead

the more of his ilk that join him the better and the sooner they die the better

the world will be a better place without them.

It's just a shame us kaffirs will have to keep his family now but as we know about scum like this their hypocrisy know no bounds

and we all know where the hypocrites abode. Hopefully he's being tortured as we speak.

But you didn't answer my question do you respect Hitler?
Reply 66

What an intelligent argument.

If you say so...

It's just a shame us kaffirs will have to keep his family now but as we know about scum like this their hypocrisy know no bounds

You mean kuffar*

Sound like a real hater. Even if you hate the person (may God have mercy upon him), makes little sense for you to take it out on the family.

and we all know where the hypocrites abode. Hopefully he's being tortured as we speak.

By who?

Good. I hope all the 'Brits' fighting over there end up becoming martyrs, it just shows that their loyalties do NOT lie with this country, the worrying thing is how many in this country are like you and unquestioningly support the 'rebels', aka terrorists in Syria. You preach that most muslims are moderate yet your words in threads like these, your pro islamist sentiments reveal the truth of where YOUR loyalties lie. You speak with a forked tongue in other words. Question - why do you choose to live in Britain when you hold such views?
(edited 10 years ago)

But you didn't answer my question do you respect Hitler?

He won't answer it. Lots of Muslims respect Hitler, indeed the Palestinians were some of his biggest allies in WW2. I guess when their holy book refers to Jews as 'apes and pigs' then you can see how they have a lot in common with the Nazis.
Reply 69
What an intelligent argument.

Sound like a real hater. Even if you hate the person (may God have mercy upon him), makes little sense for you to take it out on the family.

Why when the taxes I pay will support them because he (may he be eternally tortured) went off and got himself killed

what kind of person abandons their family to go and murder people

and you still haven't answered my question
Reply 70

Whilst some people may consider that soldier occupying Afghanistan on some governments orders for 18k a year (or whatever) as a hero, this right here, are those who myself and many Muslims (minus Assad supporters) consider as true heroes; no money, no personal gain, just fighting to liberate, to help, to protect and for the sake of their beliefs - these are the Mujahideen.

You are comparing two different things. The British soldiers are fighting for Britain and the british people around the globe and therefore every of them is a hero to the normal cititzens.

The people who are fighting Assad are belonging to a looney cult who is worshiping a pedophile, like this one:

Spoiler

Reply 71
Original post by Ray Barone
Good. I hope all the 'Brits' fighting over there end up becoming martyrs, it just shows that their loyalties do NOT lie with this country, the worrying thing is how many in this country are like you and unquestioningly support the 'rebels', aka terrorists in Syria. You preach that most muslims are moderate yet your words in threads like these, your pro islamist sentiments reveal the truth of where YOUR loyalties lie. You speak with a forked tongue in other words. Question - why do you choose to live in Britain when you hold such views?

Firstly, this is indeed good news as you say, since for the believer, when one achieves martyrdom it's nothing to mourn over or be sad by, in fact it's something to be joyful about. The Shaheed is in fact still considered alive, in the hearts of the green birds, in Paradise. The Mujahideen seek either victory or death (martyrdom), a win win situation - as 1400+ years, one of the greatest of Mujahid's once said;

.... for I bring men who desire death as ardently as you desire life. - Khalid Ibn Walid (A Letter sent to the Persian Emperor asking them to surrender before invading them)

Secondly, you are right when you say that the Mujahid's loyalty does not lie with the country (any country for that matter). It does not lie in any materialism or any creation - human or not, the loyalty lies entirely with Allah.

Thirdly, most Muslims certainly are moderate, but I suppose our definitions of moderation may be different.

Fourthly, as any British citizen is, I'm entitled to my views, as are you.

Original post by player19
You are comparing two different things. The British soldiers are fighting for Britain and the british people around the globe and therefore every of them is a hero to the normal cititzens.

Not really, the British soldiers are fighting based on what the government tells them. They do as are told, regardless of which country it is or the reasons why they're there. Many are fighting for that basic £15k-18k a year, since a lot of them lack basic literacy skills to pursue a proper career. Many are so depressed that they end up committing suicide (embarrassingly so).

The Mujahideen (including British ones) on the other hand, aren't doing it based on any governments orders, they aren't doing it for money, they aren't doing it because they're uneducated - in fact, most didn't even get permission from their family before they set out on their journey's, rather they're doing it for their Creator, to help the oppressed and to liberate the lands of Syria.

Hopefully, British soldiers will one day realise who the real terrorists are, just like this brave American did;

[video="youtube;b3ZjsC3BOBE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3ZjsC3BOBE[/video]
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 72
Original post by Induss

This idea is not new or unique to the muslims - the Vikings had the same principle of warriors dieing in battle, so did the japanese samurai under shogun laws. Im pretty sure almost identical stuff you listed above was preached to the christian soliders in the crusades too. it simply made soliders less afraid of death and more likely to sacrfice themselves.

And why does this matter or have anything to do with what I said? Also, I don't think you'll ever truly understand the concept of what being a Shaheed means in Islam.

Original post by Induss
i don't see the difference between commit suicide and blowing yourself up at the behest of some sheikh, or making your self target practice for Assad or a cruise missile, the outcome is the same.

Not on the behest of some Sheikh, it's on the behest of your Creator in terms of your obligation towards the oppressed. A Sheikh may only be there to teach you Shariah (in terms of what the rules of war are), he can't tell you that you should or shouldn't do Jihad.

Original post by Induss
many are poorly educated and indoctrinated- there are reports of al queda even recruiting people with mental or learning difficulties to fight on their behalf in war zones.
its pretty obvious who is lad :smile:

If you say so. :rolleyes:
Reply 73
Our governments don't care about Syrians and they certainly don't care about the troops they send to die there.

They're doing this on purpose everywhere they go they bring death. If you're in the military find a new career.
Original post by Jareth
Our governments don't care about Syrians and they certainly don't care about the troops they send to die there.

They're doing this on purpose everywhere they go they bring death. If you're in the military find a new career.
Did you even read the first post?
Reply 75
Original post by RtGOAT
Why do these people see Syria etc. as there homeland and not Britain?

They don't see it as their homeland. They are travelling to Syria because Islam commands Muslims to help their brothers and sisters (regardless of ethnicity or nationality) when they are being oppressed. When the Soviets invaded Afghanistan, a similar phenomena occured.

Muslims of all races and nationalities are fighting on behalf of oppressed Muslims:

Reply 76

I was just going to write this.

Barak'Allah feek.

I won't even lie, I shed a tear when I heard of his death.

(Btw akhi, the brother is Canadian and not British.)
Reply 77
Original post by GPODT
They don't see it as their homeland. They are travelling to Syria because Islam commands Muslims to help their brothers and sisters (regardless of ethnicity or nationality) when they are being oppressed. When the Soviets invaded Afghanistan, a similar phenomena occured.

Muslims of all races and nationalities are fighting on behalf of oppressed Muslims:

that makes no sense whatsoever, they are travelling to Syria to fight other muslims. rebels are recorded to have killed Syrian women and children too, and eating human organ - can any one answer the question without resorting to bull **** Islamic propaganda and use facts instead?
Reply 78
Original post by modern_man
that makes no sense whatsoever, they are travelling to Syria to fight other muslims. rebels are recorded to have killed Syrian women and children too, and eating human organ - can any one answer the question without resorting to bull **** Islamic propaganda and use facts instead?

Assad's government is not seen as a Muslim government in the eyes of many Sunni Muslims. The men travelling from abroad joining tend to join the ''Islamists'' and not the (somewhat) secular FSA (the heart-eating rebel was part of the FSA).
Reply 79
Original post by GPODT

Oh but it never happened to Iraq? It's because Wahhabism is on the same side as Britain/America/Israel and Russians coming into Afghanistan is obviously not in the best interest of America.
Neither is Syria, Israel's thorn.

"كل نفس ذائقة الموت
Every soul shall have the taste of death x

كل من عليها فان
All that is on earth will perish x"

^Hence why people no longer think Islam is the religion of peace because Wahhabist (which consists of Sunnis) are always talking about death like a cult - also not forgetting the rapings and murders they perceive as OK.

See out of all the scriptures in the Qu'ran you put out 2 that if, understood from a different angle, can result in the killing of someone because it's "in the Qu'ran",
Muslims with your Takfiri ideology are scum: absolute scum. I shouldn't be saying this but the fact that you're glorifying Jihadists and murder is sickening.

I'm no Muslim but next time you open that Qu'ran - please read it with an open mind (y)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending