The Student Room Group

Mad mullered: Pics expose hate preacher [Anjem Choudary] as a real party animal

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by thunder_chunky
Welcome to tin foil hat land, population you. Maybe he's an MI5 plant or maybe he was recruited by Aliens. You can't prove it's not true.
Maybe he says the things he says and hasn't been arrested because he used to be a lawyer and knows how to stay on the right side of the law.

Stay on the right side of the law? have you read the things he says? They've deported people who said tamer things. It's irrelevant what his previous occupation is, it doesn't make him immune to arrest. If that was the case Abu Qatada wouldn't be fighting extradition, Omar Bakri wouldn't have been deported to Lebanon etc
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by 2ndClass
Stay on the right side of the law? have you read the things he says? They've deported people who said tamer things. It's irrelevant what his previous occupation is, it doesn't make him immune to arrest.

Yes I have, I have read many things that he has said. His previous occupation is very relevant since he was a lawyer. Or did you miss that part? I didn't say he was immune to arrest simply that he probably uses his legal training to his own advantage.
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons
Wow. What an absolute ****er. At least 'fess up you lying ****.

:rolleyes: Pretty sure lying's a sin.

By his own logic, he should retrospectively be given X times 40 lashes in public for being intoxicated by alcohol :colone:
Original post by thegodofgod
By his own logic, he should retrospectively be given X times 40 lashes in public for being intoxicated by alcohol :colone:

Maybe I'm an evil person, but I'd totally watch that.
Reply 24
Yes I have, I have read many things that he has said. His previous occupation is very relevant since he was a lawyer. Or did you miss that part? I didn't say he was immune to arrest simply that he probably uses his legal training to his own advantage.

Well if you've read "many things" it would be quite clear his views are practically identical to those two individuals or did you miss that part?

Being a lawyer doesn't prevent you from being arrested, being a lawyer hasn't prevented him from saying the things he's said, he hasn't used his "legal training" to do anything
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons
Maybe I'm an evil person, but I'd totally watch that.

Me too, and I'd bring some popcorn along :u:
Well if you've read "many things" it would be quite clear his views are practically identical to those two individuals or did you miss that part?

Being a lawyer doesn't prevent you from being arrested, being a lawyer hasn't prevented him from saying the things he's said, he hasn't used his "legal training" to do anything

I presume the other person meant that Anjem may have used his legal training in order to ensure that he stays within the law, so nothing can be done against him by the police or the Home Office.

I didn't deny they were similar cases, nor did I say that being a lawyer prevents you from being arrested. I simply suggested that perhaps he used/uses he legal knowledge to protect himself and to keep himself on the right side of the law. You can't say for certain he hasn't used his legal training and actually it's a pretty logical assumption to make. Try again junior.
I presume the other person meant that Anjem may have used his legal training in order to ensure that he stays within the law, so nothing can be done against him by the police or the Home Office.

That's exactly what I meant. It really isn't difficult to understand.
Reply 29
Maybe hate preaching is just his day job. After he clocks off, if he wants to go down Chigwell and have a few beers - maybe have a lapdance - that's ok with me.
Reply 30
I didn't deny they were similar cases, nor did I say that being a lawyer prevents you from being arrested. I simply suggested that perhaps he used/uses he legal knowledge to protect himself and to keep himself on the right side of the law. You can't say for certain he hasn't used his legal training and actually it's a pretty logical assumption to make. Try again junior.

So you basically backtracked on everything. Why in the world did you quote me in the first place? You implied that his legal training somehow gave him a better position than those two individuals hence he's been able to allude arrest, now you say his position as a lawyer is irrelevant but at the same time he uses it protect himself.......... and finally you conclude that your whole argument has no actual basis but you're assuming everything ......

*cough*

Yes I understand but it was a silly argument to make since he's said basically everything those two individuals have said yet they're facing deportation and he's not. Hence my argument that being a lawyer or having "legal training" is a nonsensical argument because the law is not selective.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Clip
Maybe hate preaching is just his day job. After he clocks off, if he wants to go down Chigwell and have a few beers - maybe have a lapdance - that's ok with me.

I dream of the day that The Sun gets hold of pictures of Anjem taking part in said activites :daydreaming: :moon: :colone:
So you basically backtracked on everything. Why in the world did you quote me in the first place? You implied that his legal training somehow gave him a better position than those two individuals hence he's been able to allude arrest, now you say his position as a lawyer is irrelevant but at the same time he uses it protect himself.......... and finally you conclude that your whole argument has no actual basis but you're assuming everything ......

*cough*

Err no that isn't backtracking. I quoted you in the first place partly because of your "MI5 plant" theory and also to put forward the theory that perhaps he has used his legal training to his own advantage.
I didn't imply such things I implied that perhaps he uses his legal training to his own advantage or perhaps that because of said training he has a better understanding of how to stay on the right side of the law. Which isn't a ridiculous notion so I'm really not sure how you aren't getting that.
It's really not difficult, for most of us anyway.
Reply 33
x

:blah:

You just regurgitated your previous nonsense, and haven't read anything I've said.

I'm honestly bemused as to why people bait me into an argument trying to somehow point out my flaws then proceed to completely contradict themselves in the end and essentially have nothing to say.

Don't quote me again and embarrass yourself like this. You sound like my ex ffs
:blah:

You just regurgitated your previous nonsense, and haven't read anything I've said.

I'm honestly bemused as to why people bait me into an argument trying to somehow point out my flaws then proceed to completely contradict themselves in the end and essentially have nothing to say.

Don't quote me again and embarrass yourself like this. You sound like my ex ffs

Nice to see you dodging points left, right, and centre. You add nothing credible to back up your original statement about him being a MI5 plant, then you seem to gloss over something that is actually likely and possible and then skewer and twist my explanation to suit your own deluded mind. Then you incorrectly state I am contradicting myself. You've failed at conversation and debate.
Original post by thesabbath
Fair point. One may imagine his message will lose some credibility with his adherents if he doesn't 'fess up to his past, though.

Creates Universe 'for humans' on Earth that is 70% salt water in with a quadrillion times more space than needed with no real mention of rest of Universe in Bible/Qur'an (e.g.)

cares what you drink
Stay on the right side of the law? have you read the things he says? They've deported people who said tamer things. It's irrelevant what his previous occupation is, it doesn't make him immune to arrest. If that was the case Abu Qatada wouldn't be fighting extradition, Omar Bakri wouldn't have been deported to Lebanon etc

Choudary is a British national, Qatada isn't.
Reply 37
Original post by sugar-n-spice
Choudary is a British national, Qatada isn't.

I agree that's why I said at the least he would've been arrested or cautioned.

Must just be doing it for the money like most religious preachers in high positions of power.
Reply 39
The man is a walking joke.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending