The Student Room Group

Extenuating Circumstances?

I'm in final year college. I've got my last 3 exams this week.
Yesterday dad was attacked severely. He's in hospital and in a bad state. A lot of my time is being spent rushing between home, hospital and police.

I'm trying to squeeze revision in between, but wanted to know if this counts as extenuating circumstances, as I know this is definitely impacting my exam prep and is going to continue to do so.

Obviously I did do some studying leading upto this week, but I still won't be at the same level I could have been. I couldn't find anything on the OCR websites.
Original post by Mylinho
Yesterday dad was attacked severely. He's in hospital and in a bad state. A lot of my time is being spent rushing between home, hospital and police.

I'm trying to squeeze revision in between, but wanted to know if this counts as extenuating circumstances, as I know this is definitely impacting my exam prep and is going to continue to do so.

Obviously I did do some studying leading upto this week, but I still won't be at the same level I could have been. I couldn't find anything on the OCR websites.

contact your college/exams office as soon as possible and explain
Reply 2
Original post by Mylinho

The rules are common to all exam boards and are on the JCQ website ( http://www.jcq.org.uk/exams-office/access-arrangements-and-special-consideration ), but don't bother with those just do as much work as you can and let the college deal with the application.. Contact your exams officer asap and tell her the problem. She will be able to advise you and apply for special consideration fro you.

Quick Reply

Latest