The Student Room Group

EDL's Tommy Robinson lost for words (i.e gets owned)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Akala #1
Well the first bloke said he should be blown up by anthrax, and this Akala or whatever made clear she thought death threats against Tommy and his perfectly innocent and un-involved family were complete acceptable. If a man says a group of people are violent, making those comments probably isn't the best way to prove him wrong.
The fact the debate was so biased, every single in the room par 1 had the same agenda, made the whole thing foolish to me. Plus the fact everybody just used the word racist when they seemingly had no other counter argument despite not actually being able to explain it when asked.
Also both sides were just seemingly denying facts. I saw the EDL march thing is Newcastle on a video and there were clearly over 5000 EDL there so that UAF guy was clearly lying. However Tommy just seemingly kept referring to Muslim pedophile gangs without anything to back up they are anymore a problem then pedophile gangs from other religions. The whole thing was a joke really.
Reply 42
Original post by James A
Tommy got finished off.

I'd like to see how you perform with one of you versus 300 against you! As long as the majority are hypocrites with liberal hypocrisy like claiming to be anti-racist but not being able to associate on any level with other cultures and quite naturally wanting to live with their own people why do they bang on about the joys of diversity and multiculturalism. Buch of idiots like the people in the audience. It's official that multiculturalism is Europe has failed. Why is everyone trying to promote it when you don't even like it yourself??? Why the hell do we need ex African goat herders on benefits in London?

You must all love the genocide of white European people and want your children to be a 10% minority in a Pakistani/ Arabian/ African Britain because all you do is talk about how wonderful it is and how evil anyone who opposes it is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 43
Original post by Habsburg
Who on God's Earth is this 'Akala', anyway? Is it wrong that the only person I recognised on there was Tommy Robinson?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjvUMr1-AAU
Reply 44
Original post by qr95
Tommy Robinson get a job!

I hope you see this tommy I know your on tsr

He has a job...
I sympathise with most Muslims, and I disagree with Robinson's views, but these ignorant lefties who shout "Racist!" without providing any evidence for racism, commit the straw man fallacy, and demolish the ethics of discourse by a) justifying death threats and b) clapping like imbeciles every other minute, really piss me off.

Also. I don't see how Robinson got 'owned' here...in fact, considering the fact that he was outnumbered, I'd say he handled himself pretty well.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by chefdave
Right, different religions have their respective problems. So given that you accept this (but only when Christianity is involved it seems) why do you insist on crying "racist" whenever Robinson points out the flaws inherent in Islam? If the Westboro Baptist Church was representative of Christianity as a whole would you want millions of Christians entering the UK spouting their bigoted nonsense? No. Well the same is true with Islam and Robinson is no racist for defending the national interest.

The Islamic extremism ISN'T representative of Islam as a whole. There are millions of Muslims who condemn the extremism. Robinson couldn't give two ****s whether Islam was a peaceful religion or not, he uses this to further his anti-foreigner agenda
Original post by lonelybrummie
Tommy Robinson is arrogant but so is Akala; both preach about racism and hate. One wants to exterminate and eradicate all non-Britons from the British Isles, the other other just talks about racism and how "his people" were treated badly-I highly loathe both.

However, Islam is in itself the opposite of carpe diem, life and rights in general. I find it astonishing that people have not and do not read upon Islam and religions all together-blatant hypocrisy, horror and ignorance.

When has he ever said that? Like the media you're just making stuff up to suit your own agenda.

Why would he speak so positively about Ahmadiyya if that was true?
Original post by Calllu-m
The Islamic extremism ISN'T representative of Islam as a whole. There are millions of Muslims who condemn the extremism. Robinson couldn't give two ****s whether Islam was a peaceful religion or not, he uses this to further his anti-foreigner agenda

Which is something Tommy says in just about every single interview he has ever done...
Original post by Tyrone2013
I'd like to see how you perform with one of you versus 300 against you! As long as the majority are hypocrites with liberal hypocrisy like claiming to be anti-racist but not being able to associate on any level with other cultures and quite naturally wanting to live with their own people why do they bang on about the joys of diversity and multiculturalism. Buch of idiots like the people in the audience. It's official that multiculturalism is Europe has failed. Why is everyone trying to promote it when you don't even like it yourself??? Why the hell do we need ex African goat herders on benefits in London?

You must all love the genocide of white European people and want your children to be a 10% minority in a Pakistani/ Arabian/ African Britain because all you do is talk about how wonderful it is and how evil anyone who opposes it is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pipe down.

He's 300 vs 1 because people don't like him due to him being a facist. Is that so hard for you to grasp?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 50
LOL @ his face towards the end
I actually don't know what was so extremely racist about what Tommy said. It was made out to be worse than what he actually said. And he was right, that woman was calling him a racist without being able to give him a single reason.
I've followed Akala for years now (I've got all of his albums and met him personally at a gig in Cambridge once) so I'm perhaps a little bias when I say I agree with everything he said. Nonetheless, Tommy Robinson and his EDL are collectively a bunch of fascists. He's completely indenial of being racist despite countless images and footage of him and the EDL's islamophobic hatred and abuse. He's nothing but a modern-day Hitler.
Reply 53
Original post by northbrad30
To be honest she made herself look just as stupid as him.
I mean Tommy Robinson seems to go on like all Muslims are violent thugs, and within the first minute one says he should be blown up with anthrax and she justified death threats against him and his innocent family. Just seemingly making him appear correct.
Plus everything was obviously aimed against him, every person in the room was just seemingly calling him racist but never answered the question why despite him asking it over 10 times. It was no way a balanced debate when the whole room was clearly designed to be against him.

I'm no supporter of him, but that whole thing was really just a joke.

Exactly.

In my opinion, the problem with EDL are its members. The basic idea of the movement is being against Islamist extremism, which I would support. However, a lot (if not most of) the members of EDL are just idiots who go and shout things they don't even understand. And with all that, they make the EDL racist, ignorant and extremist and hateful.

But being against extremism in any shape or form is correct, whether it's Muslims or any other group we're talking about.
Original post by moalem.abassi
http://youtu.be/KB7XaPT71eg?t=14m10s

Mr. Akala knows what kind of person he is speaking to.

What a ridiculous display of group-think.

Sheeple.
Original post by qr95
Tommy Robinson get a job!

I hope you see this tommy I know your on tsr

He has a job. He is a successful businessman. He started up a tanning salon, a high class beauty parlour and another business. Im not sure what the other one was. I believe it was a rental business of some sort. His beauty parlour alone turned over a quarter million.

Just out of curiosity, what is your job?
Reply 56
Original post by Stephen857
He has a job. He is a successful businessman. He started up a tanning salon, a high class beauty parlour and another business. Im not sure what the other one was. I believe it was a rental business of some sort. His beauty parlour alone turned over a quarter million.

Just out of curiosity, what is your job?

He HAD a job. You understand?

Just out of curiosity, what is your job.
Reply 57
Original post by Calllu-m

This is a naive, Western interpretation of what you think Islam should be.

I bet you've never even read the Qur'an. Robinson has, and this is why his opinion on the subject is more valid than yours which is steeped in Western ignorance.
I in no way agree with Tommy Robinson or the EDL. But in this show Saira Khan annoyed me far more than he did. He made valid points and when she could not answer them she just shouted racist. The presenter was also very biased, stick to presenting Tool Academy. I was far more impressed with Akala, who with his rational arguments beat Tommy Robinson in the debate.
I disagree greatly with Mr. Robinson, but highlighting some (very horrid) cases of abuse which occurred some time ago and thus claiming there are subsequently structural problems doesn't seem to be a sound argument. Mr. Robinson's point is that the demographic shift caused by mass migration is displacing the indigenous populace and resulting in a disturbance of our cultural heritage. Let's focus on that argument, rather than try to turn the tables and snidely claim that the white man is putting everyone down, yes? Rational and even-headed debate will get us so much further than these histrionics.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending