The Student Room Group

A level Maths and F.Maths cashing in question

I am finishing A2 maths and AS Further maths this year. For applied modules I did M1 S1 S2 D1. I know in terms of cashing in, they allocate modules which will give you the highest grade with lowest mark.

But my question is: Do I have to have S1 AND S2 together in the same subject?
Or can I have S1 and M1 for Maths & S2 and D1 for further for example?

Also for people who did further maths, can you please tell me whether FP3 is easier than FP2?

Many thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by wndms
I am finishing A2 maths and AS Further maths this year. For applied modules I did M1 S1 S2 D1. I know in terms of cashing in, they allocate modules which will give you the highest grade with lowest mark.

Also for people who did further maths, can you please tell me whether FP3 is easier than FP2?

Maths has to contain Core 1-4 and then 2 units ending in 1 or 2 units with the same letter (M, S or D) ending in 1 and 2 (so S1& D1, or S1 & S2 but not S1 & M2). Whatever applied units are left can go in Further Maths.

On the previous Edexcel specification FP2 was probably harder than FP3. FP2 is now probably easier than FP3 but it always depends on what you prefer - for instance I'd always pick Mechanics over Stats (as Stats is so dull) but not everyone does.
Reply 2
Original post by wndms

Many thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can have S1 in maths and S2 in further BUT not the other way round... so your S1, M1 with S2 D1 combo is fine :smile:

and FP2 and FP3 it depends what you are good at - personally I really struggled with FP3 but found FP2 really quite easy...

Quick Reply

Latest