(edited 9 years ago)
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by swan stardust
Hello:smile:
i'm really stressed too!Royal Holloway is my second option after Goldsmiths.I'm looking at straight english but i think with creative writing it will be even better:h:RH must be really lovely:h:
Good luck with university!:biggrin:

Hi!

RH is my first option and I haven't been but my friends have and they loved it, the campus is beautiful. Also I applied for English Honours (got my offer :biggrin:) because you can practically do the same as Creative Writing if you choose your modules carefully :P

Good luck with Uni!
(edited 9 years ago)
I got an offer for English today quite unexpectedly :smile: I was too scared to post on this thread before, haha. :colondollar:

Good luck to everyone who hasn't heard yet! :smile:
Original post by swan stardust
Hello:smile:
i'm really stressed too!Royal Holloway is my second option after Goldsmiths.I'm looking at straight english but i think with creative writing it will be even better:h:RH must be really lovely:h:
Good luck with university!:biggrin:

ahh im applying to RH and Goldsmiths too! I have applied for Classical Studies at RH and was convinced to apply for the History with the History of Ideas course at Goldsmiths :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey, got an offer a while ago for IR...any other IR applicants? :smile:
Reply 67
Original post by norah_bellefleur

yes!! I got an unconditional offer today for IR and Politics, I am 99.9% sure I will go there unless I get into Nottingham! (which is pretty unlikely as my grades dont match their course haha)
Reply 68
Original post by norah_bellefleur

Applied for geography with IR :smile: haven't heard anything yet though :frown:
Reply 69
Original post by imjustrach
Hi!

I know I'm early but I'm currently in panic mode over 'OMG I apply for uni in, like, 6 months!' and Royal Holloway is my favourite up to now. I was just wondering if anyone else was considering RH and what courses and stuff!

I'm looking at English and Creative Writing :biggrin:

Oh and also what people are doing to make their applications look good if anything!

Update: I've been offered ABB for English (Single) so tell me if you have too and we'll all be friends and stuff... happy UCAS-ing guys!

Hey! I am also looking to English with creative writing but there grade requirements are AAB-AAA. And mine is something like ABC-ABB not final yet, but do you think they will consider that? Can I ask what were you predicted gradeS?
Reply 70
Original post by AnimeCrazy
Hey! I am also looking to English with creative writing but there grade requirements are AAB-AAA. And mine is something like ABC-ABB not final yet, but do you think they will consider that? Can I ask what were you predicted gradeS?

My predicated grades are BBB but I do a hell of a lot of extra curricular stuff to make up for it - but I don't see why you'd have a problem with them predicted grades ^-^
Reply 71
Original post by imjustrach
My predicated grades are BBB but I do a hell of a lot of extra curricular stuff to make up for it - but I don't see why you'd have a problem with them predicted grades ^-^

Cool! I just looked at the website and they want you to submit some of your work, one of them is where I grew up. Have you done that?

oh and what kind of extra curricular?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 72
Did anyone get invited to an applicant day?? If they did what was the interview like?? Ive applied for the mathematics MSci course =)
Reply 73
Cool! I just looked at the website and they want you to submit some of your work, one of them is where I grew up. Have you done that?

oh and what kind of extra curricular?

I'm doing Single honours English so I don't have to submit anywork so I can't help you with that - sorry!

But EC wise I'm the President of my colleges Students' Union, Student Governor (Safe Guarding, Standards and Strategy and Full Corporation), Graded Musical Theatre Exams, extended writing/reading, Marie Curie Volunteer and I have a part time job :P
I've applied for both English (single honours) and English with creative writing because I absolutely loved the uni and the English department! I got an ABB conditional offer for single honours English - YAY!:biggrin: good luck everyone!:smile:x

Posted from TSR Mobile
GCSE 6A*s 6As
AS: AABB
Predicted: A*A*A

Hey all. I've applied for history at RH, application's being sent out on 11 November. Don't know why my school's doing them so late.
Reply 76
Original post by Chloewright96
I've applied for both English (single honours) and English with creative writing because I absolutely loved the uni and the English department! I got an ABB conditional offer for single honours English - YAY!:biggrin: good luck everyone!:smile:x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow! Well done, should be sending my ucas off this week. how long did it take to get an answer from them?Also can I ask what were you predicted grades? I am just stressing over mine xD but well done!
Wow! Well done, should be sending my ucas off this week. how long did it take to get an answer from them?Also can I ask what were you predicted grades? I am just stressing over mine xD but well done!

It took about 7-10 days for the decision to reach me on ucas :smile: Then they sent me a confirmation email about 5 days later:smile: Don't stress! My targets are AAB-AAA but my offer was ABB :smile: so not too high :smile:. Thank you :')
Good luck with your application! You'll have to post when you find out !:smile:
Reply 78
Original post by Chloewright96
It took about 7-10 days for the decision to reach me on ucas :smile: Then they sent me a confirmation email about 5 days later:smile: Don't stress! My targets are AAB-AAA but my offer was ABB :smile: so not too high :smile:. Thank you :')
Good luck with your application! You'll have to post when you find out !:smile:

Why is the offer lower than what it says on the book and website though? Not that I am complaining because it says AAB-AAA is the actual grades they want! But oh well! My teachers are bare stressful only one of my teachers did my reference so have to chase the rest. God its so long!

But thanks for the info I am actually quite happing with the offer!
Reply 79
Original post by xstarsx67
Applied for biological sciences....waiting patiently....(so nervous omg) :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for Biology at Royal Holloway too I applied on the 25th of October, have you heard anything yet? GOOD LUCK :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending