The Student Room Group

UK planned war on Syria before unrest began: French ex-foreign minister

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=Kz-s2AAh06I

The statement by Roland Dumas came during a recent interview with French Parliamentary TV network, LCP.

“I’m going to tell you something. I was in England two years before the violence in Syria on other business. I met with top British officials, who confessed to me that they were preparing something in Syria,” said Dumas.

He continued by saying, “This was in Britain not in America. Britain was organizing an invasion of rebels into Syria. They even asked me, although I was no longer minister for foreign affairs, if I would like to participate.”

Responding to a question on the motive behind inciting violence in Syria, Dumas said, "Very simple! With the very simple aim! To overthrow the Syrian government, because in the region, it's important to understand, that the Syrian regime makes anti-Israeli talk,” said Dumas

The former foreign minister added that he had been told by an Israeli prime minister a long time ago that Tel Aviv would seek to “destroy” any country that did not “get along” with it in the region.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/06/16/309276/uk-planned-war-on-syria-before-unrest/
I thought the rebels were Syrian, living in Syria, meaning that they're already there, how does one plan an invasion of Syrian rebels into Syria when they're already there?
Reply 2
Original post by Snagprophet
I thought the rebels were Syrian, living in Syria, meaning that they're already there, how does one plan an invasion of Syrian rebels into Syria when they're already there?

Their are a number of rebel fighters that do come from outside syria with signigicant numbers from places like chechnya. There are also fighters coming from western european countries like Britain, France and Germany. I don't agree with what this man, just pointing out that there has been an invasion of foreign rebels into syria.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Governments of all the world hold many secrets.
Reply 4
If this were true why have we been so reluctant to arm the rebels? Surely we would have taken unilateral action if what he says is true? Also where is the benefit to Britain in this?
Original post by lumberjack77
http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=Kz-s2AAh06I

The statement by Roland Dumas came during a recent interview with French Parliamentary TV network, LCP.

“I’m going to tell you something. I was in England two years before the violence in Syria on other business. I met with top British officials, who confessed to me that they were preparing something in Syria,” said Dumas.

He continued by saying, “This was in Britain not in America. Britain was organizing an invasion of rebels into Syria. They even asked me, although I was no longer minister for foreign affairs, if I would like to participate.”

Responding to a question on the motive behind inciting violence in Syria, Dumas said, "Very simple! With the very simple aim! To overthrow the Syrian government, because in the region, it's important to understand, that the Syrian regime makes anti-Israeli talk,” said Dumas

The former foreign minister added that he had been told by an Israeli prime minister a long time ago that Tel Aviv would seek to “destroy” any country that did not “get along” with it in the region.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/06/16/309276/uk-planned-war-on-syria-before-unrest/

Yes, Dumas was approached by the British government along with d'Artagnan (then secretary of defence), Porthos, Athos and Aramis.
Reply 6
No doubt we had plans for a war in Syria - we'd be foolish not to be prepared for every eventuality. We probably also have plans for wars with America, France and Papua New Guinea. That is not the same thing as saying we expect the plans to be put into action at any time in the near future.
Reply 7
Original post by doggyfizzel
I
As has been said, igniting a war then a reluctance to back the side you hope wins doesn't really make much sense does it.

What reluctance do you speak of? The incessant calls for Assad's immediate resignation rather than trying to broker talks in Geneva? Or even the constant appeals for lifting the arms embargo in spite of an opposition committing crimes against humanity? What about the usage of chemical weapons with nothing to prove Assad is at fault?

Of course, Cameron has never been reluctant to back the side he hopes wins. That's just the lack of honesty from elected officials, since UK proxies in qatar and saudi arabia do everything for us.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending