The Student Room Group
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

Middlesex accommodation 2013

Hi!
I just got my offer from MDX and was wondering a bit about accommodation. I'm a 21 year old swedish girl and I'll be starting at MDX this fall (I'll be studying business administration). Since I don't have the opportunity to go and have a look at the halls, I would love to get some of your personal opinions.
Is it worth it to apply to halls or should I go for a flatshare instead?
How about the "agerange" at the halls? Lots of 18 year olds?
Which of the halls are to prefer? Platt or Usher?

I'm a social girl who loves to travel, party and have a good time while at uni.. So what should I go for, halls or flatshare?? :smile:

If there are anyone out there looking for another roommate don't be shy, and send me a message! :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Im 21 too and ive been offered a room in Ivy Hall. I think living in halls is part of the uni experience and im really looking forward to moving in, so i would go for halls if i were you. Hope this helps :smile:
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London
It did, thanks! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you, just sent in my application and chose platt as my first and usher as my second. Hopefully I'll get platt, I would love a bigger and more vibrant hall than the one I'm in now (in sweden), it sucks! It's so damn boring! :P
Reply 4
Anyone staying in ivy hall! Officially go offered place there the other day 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I'm 19 and I've chosen to apply for halls. I think that halls are a major part of the whole university experience, especially if you like to be sociable and party like yourself!

I can't actually remember but I think I've applied for Platt,Usher and then Ivy in that order :smile:

Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I've applied for Platt, User and then Ivy also :smile: still waiting for a response though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for the help! :biggrin:
Got an offer for a room at platt today, so maybe i'll see some of you there. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I really hope I get an offer for Platt! It seems the most fun and a lot of people on here seems to be going there! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been assigned Platt!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I really hope I get Platt! :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Same! Wouldn't it be weird if we were all put into the same hall in platt haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Haha, at least we'd all know of each other :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
This is very true! Would be interesting to put a face to the TSR name lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
I've been accepted into Platt :smile:!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Omg! Well done that's brilliant! How comes you know already?? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congrats! Guess I'll see all of you there!! :biggrin:

Btw, there's a group on facebook for everyone who's been assigned to Platt this year.
You should join! :smile:

Here's the link:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/444421525636736/

If your having trouble with the link just search for "Middlesex University - Platt Hall 2013 - 2014" on facebook :biggrin:
Reply 17
Thanks girls :smile: I logged onto ucas today and it said that my place at Middlesex has been confirmed from 30 July but only found out today! And then a while later a received an email saying I've had my place at Halls confirmed. Hopefully your's will come through soon Zara!

I'll check that Facebook page out now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Ahh I logged into my ucas track and it said that I won't be able to use it until 14th August :/ thanks though Tickerz!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Ah really? And your 'status' on track still says waiting on the uni? Haha, it's fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending