The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Me too, I have mechanics tomorrow and History on Wednesday. I'm feeling a little better now but there is so much to do! Hugs xxx
Reply 2
I think you need a doctor's note, so it's probably a good idea to get one - even if you don't need it but just in case. Not sure but think that they'll probably mark your paper more leniently or add on extra marks.

Sorry to hear you're feeling unwell - really hope you get better soon!
firestone
I think you need a doctor's note, so it's probably a good idea to get one - even if you don't need it but just in case. Not sure but think that they'll probably mark your paper more leniently or add on extra marks.

Sorry to hear you're feeling unwell - really hope you get better soon!

if i dont go to the exam and i have a doctors note?

i know its very dodgy but ...ahhh i dont know. i may have to go but ill probably get a D (got an A in mocks and b predicted)

i doubt edexcel will mark the paper leniently or add on any marks

:frown:
Reply 4
Give the exam a go, you might as well, but get a doctors note and see if it helps.
Reply 5
lol this is like my worst nightmare....! Sorry!
will i be able to see the doctor at such short notice?

i would have to ring tomorrow for an appointment tomorrow.
Reply 7
This happened to me before, if you have a doctors note you get to re-sit for free (if you inform them before the exam,) but get no mark for that paper
Reply 8
PS, get better soon.
coolico
This happened to me before, if you have a doctors note you get to re-sit for free (if you inform them before the exam,) but get no mark for that paper

damn!

that means im gonna have to sit it :frown:
If you get a note your school will send a request to Edexcel saying that they have to add on some marks, how many depending on how seious they consider your illness (like whether it was totally impossible to study).

Get well soon for your other exams :smile: huggs
The-Wrestling-Fanatic
damn!

that means im gonna have to sit it :frown:

Yeah, unless you really are too ill to sit in an exam hall for a couple of hours, ie throwing up, I think you'll have to sit the exam, but if you get a doctor's note and give it to your exams officer, you'll probably get special consideration. Feel better soon :smile:

Latest