The Student Room Group

History Applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by #afital
I've actually changed my mind, I've applied to oxford, UCL, kings college, queen Mary and SOAS

Honestly I love SOAS I would love to go there except if I get into Oxford, now that will be a different story

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was going to apply to SOAS ,then i changed my mind to SSEES in UCL because I love marxist history. Im applying to UCL, LSE,Durham, Kings, Oxford. Do you think its risky?! I have 4 A* predictions.
Reply 141
I sent my application for history on Tuesday! I'm applying to Oxford, Durham, Warwick, Sheffield and Leicester! Fingers crossed:smile: anybody else applying to any of these?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by arminb
I was going to apply to SOAS ,then i changed my mind to SSEES in UCL because I love marxist history. Im applying to UCL, LSE,Durham, Kings, Oxford. Do you think its risky?! I have 4 A* predictions.

I really like SSEES too. I'm applying for one of their joint history degrees, at the moment it is my top choice!
Original post by Samual
I really like SSEES too. I'm applying for one of their joint history degrees, at the moment it is my top choice!

I don't want to come across as rude by butting in, but I'm applying for a joint degree, German and History, at SSEES. Part of me is still enticed by Russian instead of German, however. :colondollar: Which other subject would you be doing alongside history? :smile:
Original post by ladymarshmallow
I don't want to come across as rude by butting in, but I'm applying for a joint degree, German and History, at SSEES. Part of me is still enticed by Russian instead of German, however. :colondollar: Which other subject would you be doing alongside history? :smile:

Scandinavian Studies (Norwegian) and History! :biggrin:
Original post by Samual
Scandinavian Studies (Norwegian) and History! :biggrin:

Ooh nice choice. :biggrin:
Reply 146
Original post by arminb

With 4A* predictions I think you definitely have it going for you! If you don't get 4A*s what's the worst you could go down to 4As? I think you have a great chance of getting accepted into allow those choices

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey. I feel like I'm late to the party here. So I'm doing Spanish (I heard unis like that), joggers (geography), and history (surprisingly) and I prefer 20th century history really.

I'm applying to Royal Holloway, King's College London, London School of Economics, Birmingham and maayybe Oxford Brookes. I think it would be great to say to people when they ask about my uni: "I go to Oxford-" and they're like 'wow' "-Brookes" and they're like 'oh.'

But I'm not really sure about that one. Does anyone know good universities apart from Brookes to 'fall back on', so to speak? I wish they would just admit on their websites that they're ideal insurance choices. I want it to be a large town/city, preferably in the Midlands, with grade boundaries of BBB/BBC. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Original post by lizzy!
I sent my application for history on Tuesday! I'm applying to Oxford, Durham, Warwick, Sheffield and Leicester! Fingers crossed:smile: anybody else applying to any of these?

I'm applying to Oxford, Warwick and Sheffield too, as well as York and Birmingham! Are you applying to a particular college for Oxford?
Has anyone started receiving offers yet?
Reply 150
Hi everyone, I have chosen 4 universities that I want to apply to (Sheffield, Queen Mary, Royal Holloway and Southampton) but I'm not sure about the 5th choice! I'm particularly interested in modern history!
Original post by SoggyTractor
Hey. I feel like I'm late to the party here. So I'm doing Spanish (I heard unis like that), joggers (geography), and history (surprisingly) and I prefer 20th century history really.

I'm applying to Royal Holloway, King's College London, London School of Economics, Birmingham and maayybe Oxford Brookes. I think it would be great to say to people when they ask about my uni: "I go to Oxford-" and they're like 'wow' "-Brookes" and they're like 'oh.'

But I'm not really sure about that one. Does anyone know good universities apart from Brookes to 'fall back on', so to speak? I wish they would just admit on their websites that they're ideal insurance choices. I want it to be a large town/city, preferably in the Midlands, with grade boundaries of BBB/BBC. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Because no uni wants to be your insurance choice.
Reply 152
Original post by lucie rose
I'm applying to Oxford, Warwick and Sheffield too, as well as York and Birmingham! Are you applying to a particular college for Oxford?

All really good departments :smile: I'm applying for Jesus! You?
No one seems to eb choosing bad universities. why are you all so big headed to think that you have no risk of getting 2 Bs? Or worse?
Reply 154
Hi guys, Im applying for History and Russian at Nottingham, Leeds and UCL, as well as single honors history at Sheffield. Stuck on the 5th option however. Im thinking of the International History and Politics at Leeds, but would that affect my application to History and Russian to Leeds, as its to the same department?
Would really appreciate advice :smile:
Original post by lizzy!
All really good departments :smile: I'm applying for Jesus! You?

I'm applying to St. Edmund Hall! Though the look of the HAT is worrying me haha....
Reply 156
Original post by lucie rose
I'm applying to St. Edmund Hall! Though the look of the HAT is worrying me haha....

The HAT looks terrifying! Good luck!
Reply 157
Finally decided on Edinburgh, Glasgow, RHUL, Leicester and Aberdeen for V100!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lizzy!
The HAT looks terrifying! Good luck!

Good luck to you too! This half term is going to be fun...
I'm applying for History at Oxford (anyone else for Oriel?), Warwick, Manchester, York and Birmingham (insurance)! Sent mine off last week and nothing back yet except emails saying they've received my application from Oxford, York and Birmingham... anyone with any offers from these 5 (except Oxford obviously) or just offers in general...?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending