The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lilGem
:woo:

I think that was one of the few areas where we bested 2011's threads. It should be a great ride this year too! :redface:

Original post by Angry cucumber
:sexface:

May you be the queen of :sexface: once more! :sexface:

So can I be king of :parrot:? :parrot:
Reply 41
Original post by clonedmemories
Ooh, what subject are you going for, and at which college? I have Durham as my insurance :smile:

(Doubtful as to whether I'll get that now! Why did I pick AAB as an insurance university?)

Chemistry at St Aidan's. Need A*AA :eek3:
Reply 42
Need AAA for uni but a certain maths exam *cough*Edexcel*cough* may have fudged up my chances of getting three As which means there may well be tears on results day -_- I am not looking forward to it at all :'(
Original post by AmyLH

Ooh wow! I don't envy you! I was going to apply for CHSS but there was no way I was chancing A*AA so I just went for Sociology and Anthropology instead.

What subjects do you take aside from Chemistry?
Original post by historygirl
Which government and politics exam did you have? I had the ideologies one with nationalism etc.

Yeah, I'm hoping that it's just my paranoia too. I mean, I think that I answered the 45 mark question well and one of the 15 markers well, but the second 15 marker was good but not fantastic and the third 15 marker I did last of all and only had time for one brief point so I know that I've lost about 13 to 14 marks on that.

I did 4C Governing the USA. The 15s were fine but the 45 could well have been a disaster
Reply 45
Original post by clonedmemories
Ooh wow! I don't envy you! I was going to apply for CHSS but there was no way I was chancing A*AA so I just went for Sociology and Anthropology instead.

What subjects do you take aside from Chemistry?

Biology and Maths. Was predicted A* in everything but there's no chance of that now. I just focussed on chemistry in the end to make sure I got an A* in that.
Reply 46
PANIC PANIC PANIC PANIC PANIC PANIC PANIC PANIC PANIC PANIC PANIC PANIC PANIC PANIC PANIC PANIC!!

I'm lucky that I have my UKCAT and am going to the Czech Republic for w/e before results day so I have lots of distractions. Good luck everyone!

EDIT: Did I just say I was lucky to be sitting the UKCAT? Ooops :argh:
Reply 47
dreading it soooo much!!:frown:
Original post by mahjongmagic
I think that was one of the few areas where we bested 2011's threads. It should be a great ride this year too! :redface:

You're a uni student

No :sly:
Reply 49

A proud moment :h:
Original post by StephenNaulls
PANIC PANIC PANIC PANIC PANIC PANIC PANIC PANIC PANIC PANIC PANIC PANIC PANIC PANIC PANIC PANIC!!

I'm lucky that I have my UKCAT and am going to the Czech Republic for w/e before results day so I have lots of distractions. Good luck everyone!

EDIT: Did I just say I was lucky to be sitting the UKCAT? Ooops :argh:

I was about to say... UKCAT's are no laughing matter!

Anyway, I'm actually headed to Italy with friends tomorrow for a week so I won't be able to keep up with this threads antics much but I'll try and drop in from now and again
You're a uni student

No :sly:

As are you...:holmes:

Original post by lilGem
A proud moment :h:

It certainly was... :h: I'm proud of getting over a 1000 after a slow start :smile:
Reply 52
I'm impatient for it, I just want to know how I've done. Fingers crossed OCR are feeling sensible!
Reply 53
As are you...:holmes:

It certainly was... :h: I'm proud of getting over a 1000 after a slow start :smile:

Mine was very slow :colondollar: I think I did 1/2 posts before I was somewhat reputable with the post count :lol:
Reply 54
2 exams left, but I still want results from everything else! I just want to know I have definitely got into uni...
Reply 55
Original post by AmyLH

Good luck Amy :sexface:
Reply 56
Exams felt good overall, hopefully the results will feel good :biggrin:. I will probably spend my some TSRing and looking up past grade boundaries and will not sleep on the 14th for sure.
Are people going to check UCAS first or get results first?
I've already envisaged me opening my results and crying because I didn't get the grades I needed, oh well
Original post by lilGem
Mine was very slow :colondollar: I think I did 1/2 posts before I was somewhat reputable with the post count :lol:

Sounds like we both hit top gear about the same time... I can't really remember. So much has happened since then it's unbelievable!
Reply 59
Original post by madders94
:moon:

You whippersnappers have a tradition to keep up, you know. There must be plenty of :sexface: and some :parrot: for good measure.

If anyone has any questions or worries about results day/clearing, feel free to ask! :smile:

Doesn't feel like more than a year since I was posting on last year's one... :moon: :eek:
I'm sure you'll all have a great time here and it will get gradually more hectic as time goes on.
If any of you have any worries about anything, feel free to ask.

Nice to see a return of this thread

May :sexface: rule once again!!!

Continue the tradition! :sexface: Or face punishment :fuhrer: ( :sexface: )

Fond memories :moon:

:sexface::sexface:

You guys will be missed this time around! I'll keep up the standards around here :awesome:
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest