The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by arrogant
when i open the envelope, i just want to see four big letters.. i hate the 30 secods of franticly adding up the little numbers and scrambling through four sheets of paper

You have to add up the numbers? That's really weird!

The way we have it is that each module is given a letter grade and UMS in lower case, and the total grade and total UMS in capitals so we can see them easily when opening. Still nerve-wracking reading down the list, though!
Reply 81
Original post by clonedmemories
You have to add up the numbers? That's really weird!

The way we have it is that each module is given a letter grade and UMS in lower case, and the total grade and total UMS in capitals so we can see them easily when opening. Still nerve-wracking reading down the list, though!

Ha its not as bad as that, but there are the grades for all your different modules and I always panic and can't work out which one's my actual grade and which one is just the grade for an exam :smile:
Original post by bobbieare
I've already envisaged me opening my results and crying because I didn't get the grades I needed, oh well

Same. Except I'm alternating between being terrified that I won't get the results as I open the envelope then finding that I have and rejoicing... But the other version is much like yours.:eek:
Original post by arrogant
Ha its not as bad as that, but there are the grades for all your different modules and I always panic and can't work out which one's my actual grade and which one is just the grade for an exam :smile:

Yeah, I hate that feeling too! You just want to know what you've got!
Reply 84
Original post by Miracle Day
Good luck Amy :sexface:

Hiya stranger. How're you? Seems ages ago we were in the GCSE results day thread :tongue:
Gosh, I think on the night I will find out if I get into uni so I can prepare myself to collect result (cry on the night and then be composed in front of the giggling mass of happiness where everyone is all YAY and A*A*A*A*)
Plus if people ask me to compare grades when I pick 'em up they will webfhdb4us,jxzhx in the rjhhrgrnrwkj.

Don't think I have done well enough I need AAA but yea...
I could get AABbCDE or A*A*a*ABD who knows!

If i don't get in... *let the mocking begin*

Good luck people, remember you don't have to tell anyone if it is really bad :smile:
Reply 86
I kind of hope the next 58 days fly by, I'm terrified that my grades will just be below par, sooner to start planning a gap year the better :'-) but for now it's just a chance to enjoy Summer before all hell breaks loose :beer:
Reply 87
I want it to be results day already!
Reply 88
Original post by Myocardium
Need AAA for uni but a certain maths exam *cough*Edexcel*cough* may have fudged up my chances of getting three As which means there may well be tears on results day -_- I am not looking forward to it at all :'(

Don't worry, you'll probably get your predicted grade if your results are consistent; either being equal to, or better than your target grade! :smile: Edexcel said "But if examiners reported that it had been too challenging for candidates, this would be taken into account in grading."
Reply 89
I'm so glad we get our results online (at like 7:30am) so no matter how they turn out I don't have to find out with other people in the room. :colondollar:
Reply 90
Original post by AmyLH
Hiya stranger. How're you? Seems ages ago we were in the GCSE results day thread :tongue:

I know, everyone's on about their shared summer of chatting and that was ours :biggrin:

Gawd, can't believe we've been through two years of A Levels and now we're here
Reply 91
Original post by Djspeeda
Don't worry, you'll probably get your predicted grade if your results are consistent; either being equal to, or better than your target grade! :smile: Edexcel said "But if examiners reported that it had been too challenging for candidates, this would be taken into account in grading."

Haha thanks; I certainly hope so! They said that? When/where?
Original post by Arva

Spoiler

Ahem :tongue:

Nice try, gonna need consistency to be a forerunner for the Kingship of :sexface:
I don't envy you guys, no idea how I survived the wait last year... I only have to wait until the 5th July for my uni results and I'm bricking it haha!
Brah, this thread will move so fast as we approach results day :biggrin:

I got Unit 5 Chemistry (edexcel) tomorrow, then I'm done :woo: :woo:

I can start looking for some cars to buy (so that I can drive straight away when I pass my driving test!)
Reply 95
Can't decide whether I'm nervous yet, or just feeling impatient...
I'd been keeping an eye out for this thread for a while :biggrin: After stalking last years thread up to AS results, maybe I'll post more for A2 :colondollar:

Last exam was a week ago and the panic has already set in. Didn't find the exams particularly awful but they weren't easy by any standards!
Nervous/excited/just want it to hurry up!

also
:sexface:
(edited 10 years ago)
I need AAB :biggrin:

Hopefully I've got what I needed ... I only needed 3C's if I haven't I would have got pretty terrible results :lol: I really want A*AA for an extra £1k a year though but I'd be happy just scraping in.

I still have 2 exams left (FP2 and FP3) but I only need 69ums in one of them for an A :sexface:
Reply 98
Yay. :sexface:
I guess it's not quite as urgent for us AS lot, but still not looking forward to it. Here's to two months of waiting!
Can we get this stickied? :eyeball:
Expecting A*A*A in bio math chem : I need AAA for my uni but I have something to prove!

Latest