The Student Room Group

Medicine students

Basically I was wondering, as i would like to go in the path of medicine if you med students or ex med students could possibly answer some questions for me:

1)
a)what was ur gcse/a level grades
b)what a levels did you choose / drop
2)bmat/ukcat score and when did you do it (some do it earlier than others - e.g. yr 12 or 13)?
3)revision techniques for your exams (any or all - bmat, a level, uni exams) (and state if you revision techniques changed from gcse to a level).
4) how many hours did you revise for each day? (an estimate and state whether it was for gcse or a levels or others) also when did you start (e.g. 5 months before an exam, 3 weeks, 1 day etc.)
5) what uni do you go to now/ what course are you doing/ how are the exams like? do you enjoy it?
6) how is ur uni (meaning in terms of teaching, lessons whether ur uni is very helpful. rate it on a scale of 1 - 10.
7) what unis did u apply to and how many call backs or interviews did you get?

i tried to find another forum on this, but there were lots and i didnt want to go through HUNDREDS of threads so i decided to make my own one. thank you in advance and appologies if i have offended anyone.

oh and im not trying to be nosy, i just want more knowledge so i can see what studying medicine is like, and whether it is right for me! answer in as much detail as you possibly can please!! THANKS!! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Ferrari Lexus
Basically I was wondering, as i would like to go in the path of medicine if you med students or ex med students could possibly answer some questions for me:

1)
a)what was ur gcse/a level grades
b)what a levels did you choose / drop
2)bmat/ukcat score and when did you do it (some do it earlier than others - e.g. yr 12 or 13)?
3)revision techniques for your exams (any or all - bmat, a level, uni exams) (and state if you revision techniques changed from gcse to a level).
4) how many hours did you revise for each day? (an estimate and state whether it was for gcse or a levels or others) also when did you start (e.g. 5 months before an exam, 3 weeks, 1 day etc.)
5) what uni do you go to now/ what course are you doing/ how are the exams like? do you enjoy it?
6) how is ur uni (meaning in terms of teaching, lessons whether ur uni is very helpful. rate it on a scale of 1 - 10.
7) what unis did u apply to and how many call backs or interviews did you get?

i tried to find another forum on this, but there were lots and i didnt want to go through HUNDREDS of threads so i decided to make my own one. thank you in advance and appologies if i have offended anyone.

oh and im not trying to be nosy, i just want more knowledge so i can see what studying medicine is like, and whether it is right for me! answer in as much detail as you possibly can please!! THANKS!! :smile:

All of those questions, and more, can be answered by having a read of the FAQ here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medicine_Forum_Guide_and_FAQs

Profiles of hundreds and hundreds of successful (and unsuccessful) medics can be found here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=865511

There isn't really any point posting a thread asking for a summary of all the information that is readily available elsewhere on TSR.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending