The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I thought the paper was fairly nice if tricksy. Grade boundaries should by all rights be lower than usual because we have to take all the exams in the summer, so I'm sure we'll all be pleasantly surprised :smile:
Original post by Yousy
Yah it wanted the reagents so conc h2so4 and conc hno3 and then the equation/s for form the no2+ then further down I think you had to do the mechanism of no2+ and benzene electrophilic sub

K, i think I forgot to put conc, :frown: i always make that mistake.
Reply 3962
Original post by TheIsotope
K, i think I forgot to put conc, :frown: i always make that mistake.

I did the same question from another paper the day before and didn't say conc so I made sure I corrected myself
Original post by OSA375
Yeaah it said chlorobenzene unfortunately :/ you may still get marks for the mechanism though, would be harsh to give someone 0 marks if everything else was right

Ah that's ok. I think I'll only lose a mark for structure which isn't too bad. From how you found it, and having read this thread do you think boundaries for A* will go down from last year? ( when it was 88)
Sorry to be a pain but I'm on my phone and I'm not able to quickly find what I'm looking for. Could anyone link me to a mark scheme for this exam that has all associated marks and answers please? I feel it went well but I want to check so I'm not disappointed :smile:
Original post by Abbseh
Sorry to be a pain but I'm on my phone and I'm not able to quickly find what I'm looking for. Could anyone link me to a mark scheme for this exam that has all associated marks and answers please? I feel it went well but I want to check so I'm not disappointed :smile:

Follow this link:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2708448

Thank you but I've already looked at that one. It wasn't much use as the question mark values aren't complete!
Original post by Abbseh
Thank you but I've already looked at that one. It wasn't much use as the question mark values aren't complete!

look through the pages there is another scheme with marks.
Original post by propagation
look through the pages there is another scheme with marks.

Ahh okay. Awesome, thank you!
Original post by Abbseh
Ahh okay. Awesome, thank you!

No problem.
Is there a thread for CHEM 5 - I can't seem to find one?
Original post by blueberrysro
Is there a thread for CHEM 5 - I can't seem to find one?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2568175

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by biojay_
How many marks for QoL? Like for part B I just wrote the answer to each part of the question rather than continuous prose so will I lose marks? :frown:

If they are read it and understand which answer is for which part you won't lose any marks :smile:
Does anyone have the chem 4 paper that we did... is it on this thread??
can someone gv link please.
Want to check for chem 5!!!
Original post by JackTheNerd
Ah that's ok. I think I'll only lose a mark for structure which isn't too bad. From how you found it, and having read this thread do you think boundaries for A* will go down from last year? ( when it was 88)

Hmm reckon the grade boundaries for an A* will go down by 1 or 2 maybe.. could even stay the same, but for other grades I think they'll go down by more. I thought the paper was ok, not particularly nice but not horrific, they tried to throw in some trick questions and twists but they were the type that you could see through and work out if you get me so idkk, its hard to call, it was slightly harder but I think there'll be enough people who were able to deal with the added difficulty
I personally felt this paper went well! It surprised me as I didn't feel 100% ready for it at all, I'd say I should have done more than a couple past papers and posters outside of teacher lead revision. I've added my marks up and I think I've gotten around the 88/100 point which I am completely shocked about. I was just hoping for a B in chemistry but it looks like an A could be a real possibility now :smile:
Could someone please link me to the markscheme(s)?
Reply 3977
I didn't think this paper was too bad. It wasn't easy and there were definitely some sneaky questions, but I still thought there were many past papers worse than this one.
Original post by flamegoblin0
Could someone please link me to the markscheme(s)?

Scroll up the page and look at one of my post with the link which I provided for Abbseh
Original post by Kåte
I didn't think this paper was too bad. It wasn't easy and there were definitely some sneaky questions, but I still thought there were many past papers worse than this one.

A little sneaky but was nothing insane. I think the real worry will be how far AQA decide to go with making Unit 5 hard and whether they play a sneaky role in that exam. :?

Latest

Trending

Trending