The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by The Lawful T.J
It's all so confusing :frown:

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."

I will ask my teacher for you tommorrow :biggrin: and I will put the method up. I think it's really a basis of learning something in the equilibrium section rather than relying on normal moles stuff from unit 1 like I did for this question.
Original post by propagation
I will ask my teacher for you tommorrow :biggrin: and I will put the method up. I think it's really a basis of learning something in the equilibrium section rather than relying on normal moles stuff from unit 1 like I did for this question.

It's all so confusing :frown:

Hope this makes sense

1371670775864.jpg
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Hope this makes sense

1371670775864.jpg

It does! Aha, but the method is weird :P

It does! Aha, but the method is weird :P

Haha I know what you mean. Just think about it though. You put x amount of H2 and z amount of I2 into the mixture. Y amount of HI was formed. Because 2moles of HI was formed, and H2 and I2 react in a 1:1 molar ratio, half the amount of y would have come from x and the other half from z. This leaves you with a certain amount of H2 and I2 left over. Z-(y/2) and x-(y/2)
Haha I know what you mean. Just think about it though. You put x amount of H2 and z amount of I2 into the mixture. Y amount of HI was formed. Because 2moles of HI was formed, and H2 and I2 react in a 1:1 molar ratio, half the amount of y would have come from x and the other half from z. This leaves you with a certain amount of H2 and I2 left over. Z-(y/2) and x-(y/2)

O.o I don't like letters! :frown:

Reply 25
Hope this makes sense

1371670775864.jpg

Thanks that's really helpful :biggrin:
Reply 26
LOL'd irl at title.

but yeah im starting CHEM4 duh asap, summer is gonna be sick.

school is doing some chem challenge, not really bothered with.
Original post by UKBrah
LOL'd irl at title.

Chem challenge? Sounds great!

Reply 28
Original post by UKBrah
LOL'd irl at title.

Because of how advance this is :P
Reply 29
Because of how advance this is :P

Hm?
Reply 30
Original post by UKBrah
Hm?

The title....
Reply 31
The title....

brb gonna make a june 2014 thread for all my a2 exams
Reply 32
Original post by UKBrah
brb gonna make a june 2014 thread for all my a2 exams

Funny guy :wink:
Reply 33
Funny guy :wink:

Lol haha.

but OT, is CHEM4 something you could learn over the summer?
Hi,

This thread is in advance for people that will be preparing for this exam during the summer hoilday to give them a better chance this time next year. Hopefully it will be used up until the exam for revision and help.

Thanks for your time :biggrin:

Jesus christ, your life is obviously exciting.
Original post by TommehBoi

Well, when I probably have something like 15 exams next summer, I think it's better to start sooner, rather than later.

Reply 36
wow ... had to double check the title of the thread for a sec... this is very early I must say :wink:
Reply 37
Original post by TommehBoi

It most certaintly is. I need a good grade in this unit as it's the harder unit out of 4 and 5.

Plus I am not going to be doing it all summer I am going to revise this moderatly, with a balance of doing stuff and work.
It most certaintly is. I need a good grade in this unit as it's the harder unit out of 4 and 5.

Plus I am not going to be doing it all summer I am going to revise this moderatly, with a balance of doing stuff and work.

Aha! I have to balance this, volunteering, this NCS thing, Duke of Edinburgh & my EPQ & Personal Statement :') fun times.

Reply 39
Well, when I probably have something like 15 exams next summer, I think it's better to start sooner, rather than later.

for definate I have 8 exams next year and will most likely have to retake a few, so having some basic knowledge of this unit in advance will provide us with a better foundation than others and provides more space for revision of other subjects and learning the synoptic stuff for both this and other subjects.

Latest

Trending

Trending