The Student Room Group

Are A level modules worth resitting even if you got into university?

Am predicted ABB however after an exam yesterday, I'm almost 100% sure I have got ABC.

My firm offer is AAB and insurance is ABB. If I get into uni ( either firm, insurance or through clearing) do you think it is still worth it to resit modules for the subject I got C in?

I want to do economics at uni, and the C is in maths. My AS marks for maths are high, but my A2 marks are very low leading it to average a C. I'm pretty sure if I can resit, I can get an A or at least a high B.

Basically my question is, when you've already got into uni, is it worth resitting modules to change A level score. how much do employers consider a level grades over degree?

Thanks!
Reply 1
You can resit A levels while at university if you really want. Personally I wouldn't bother. Degrees are worth a lot more than A levels. It would be better for you to focus on doing well in your degree. You don't want to be distracted from your university studies.
Original post by Zottula
You can resit A levels while at university if you really want. Personally I wouldn't bother. Degrees are worth a lot more than A levels. It would be better for you to focus on doing well in your degree. You don't want to be distracted from your university studies.

Are employers put off by students who have taken 3 years to complete alevels?
i only want to resit, one module, two at the most.
Reply 3
Original post by JessicaGarlai
Are employers put off by students who have taken 3 years to complete alevels?
i only want to resit, one module, two at the most.

No. I doubt they really care that much about your A levels when you have a good degree.

You never know, maybe you have done better in your exams than you think.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending