The Student Room Group

How did you feel about leaving school?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Chad_Bronson
Pop the kettle on, I'll come by :wink: :biggrin:

I'm impartial to Bentley's Gold Instant Coffee :smile: Inexpensively priced, but good :smile:

Hahah, I really want a latte now! :P

And, I've never had that one. Must try it :P
Original post by -aTOMic-
Your post is so similar to me right now... :frown: Well, except the part about the boy.

I'm at the same sixth form that I have been at since Year 7 but "friends" have cut me off, ignore me or mock me and since it's difficult to make good friends this late on when you aren't exactly new is tough. I spent this lunch time just milling around the town so I wouldn't have to face anybody from school. :frown:

My 'friends' cut me off too. I was alone for the majority of my sixth form. In the last couple of months of Y13, when my anxiety got really bad, I just used to leave school during assembly/break and walk around the side streets. Just because I was ashamed of being seen alone all the time.
Original post by Bella-May
Hahah, I really want a latte now! :P

And, I've never had that one. Must try it :P

Pop down to Jack Fultons, if you have one, that's where I get mine from :smile: £2.99 for a 200g jar, seems to last forever :tongue:
I haven't 'officially' left school yet, we finish on the same day as the rest of the school. We always do a Sixth Form Review about our time, which is always very funny. We went in for one morning about a month ago dressed in uniform, and people got pretty emotional. I think I'll feel a bit sad, but also very weird- I've been going to the same school for seven years. Not going there will be strange. I liked school because the people were really nice, and the teachers have been pretty cool too. I look forward to uni, but leaving will be really strange...
Reply 44
Pop down to Jack Fultons, if you have one, that's where I get mine from :smile: £2.99 for a 200g jar, seems to last forever :tongue:

I don't have one of those where I live :P
I don't have one of those where I live :P

Oh dear xD

Farmfoods sells them too, for £2.95 I think? :smile:

Sorry OP, I think we've hijacked your thread :colondollar:
Original post by TaliTalulla
Did you keep in contact with friends and associates or not?

Today was my last day of school and I cried constantly because I'll miss the teachers but there are about 5 students I'll miss. (All girls schools are honestly the most immature and bitchiest places I've had the displeasure of experiencing)

I'm afraid though, as the structure of school is all anyone knows in beginning their lives so it's very scary to be entering the world of independence haha!

How was your last day? What did you do?

Hi, I had my last day of school three/four weeks ago. However I had my last exam yesterday, which means yesterday was the final day I had to wear uniform and attend school with my fellow classmates. And i have to say, although it wasn't as emotional as our break up before study leave, it has been quite depressing. I mean atleast after we left I still has exams to look forward to and revise for them and go to school as normal to do them, I seems weird that now I have nothing to do but to sit at home, Hopefully will still be able to see the around and go out before uni calls. But to add to the misery, I am taking a gap year while they are all off to uni, so another year at home while they're making new friends. However I think I'll get a job now and still be in contact with them via phone and text, (no fb or twt... ino). But for now, let's see where life takes me. :smile:, enjoy ur holiday.
Reply 47
Oh dear xD

Farmfoods sells them too, for £2.95 I think? :smile:

Sorry OP, I think we've hijacked your thread :colondollar:

Yepp, we sure have plenty of Farmfoods here, aha :P

Hahaha, I know. This is so unrelated to the topic :tongue:
Yepp, we sure have plenty of Farmfoods here, aha :P

Hahaha, I know. This is so unrelated to the topic :tongue:

Double dare you to stop responding to these messages :wink:
Reply 49

Nahh, I'm boreddd

LOOOOOL

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had a 'meh' attitude about it. I was too preoccupied looking forward to uni lol. Leavers assembly was pretty funny - always highlight of the school year IMO. I went to prom and an A Level certificate collection night in very early January 2012. Because I often got stupid remarks, I deleted the majority of them from Facebook, but they are welcome to follow me on twitter if they wish. I wouldn't mind going to a reunion in 20 years time - I'd love to know how people's lives turned out for them
Reply 52
I was pretty much excited to leave. I went to an all girls school as well and disliked how almost all the girls in my school acted/behaved. I've kept in contact with a few people who are truly my friends. Don't be sad, the next steps are going to be exciting for you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
My last day was pretty good. We had a big leavers assembly and everyone got awards for random funny things. I'm not scared , i'm glad to be out of that school. It was worse than beirut.
I just walked out of school, got home, threw out all my school related bits of paper and I'm off to town tonight to celebrating the end of exams :smile:
Reply 55
We didn't have an official last day.
The last 2 weeks before exams people just sort of fizzled out. Then exams stretched over nearly 3 weeks with people coming and going. After my last exam I just went home. Most people went out but since there's only a select few I'd bother going to the pub with, of which some still had exams, I just stayed in and drank champagne in the garden with family and such. Not exactly wild and not a big deal made as such.
Before the exams started we had a service for the leaving certs and their family then everyone went out after. Suppose that was the sort of good bye thing.
I thought I'd feel emotional and what not. But in reality I felt indifferent as most of the people in my year had a grudge (for some unknown reason) against me. :s-smilie:. I just threw out all of my notes, work, etc today and instead of feeling depressed about leaving my school behind I felt angry at what I had to put up with for 5 years
We're having our leavers assembly in a few days and I am feeling a bit sad, as this will be the last time I will really be with my friends.
But overall, I feel content as I know sixth form and university are most likely going to be more exciting places, where I can make new friends:smile:
Reply 57
I felt indifferent when leaving; I knew I'd be going sixth with most of the same dolts, anyway. The last week was full of seminars, sickening monologues and hugs. Suffice to say: I was relieved when it was over.
liberated no more uniform, no more waking up early in the morning, no more home works, no more detentions and the list goes on....:yay:
Reply 59
Good riddance. I couldn't wait. Worst years of my life thus far, hope it gets better now :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest