The Student Room Group

What are my options if I get a B in Chemistry?

Unfortunately because of one C in unit 4, I'm most likely going to get a B overall now (unless the grade boundaries for Chemistry unit 5 happen to be lower than usual). I did resit unit 4 to get a better grade but I got food poisoning the day before my exam and really messed that exam up. :frown: My other subjects are Biology, Psychology and Physics (dropped Maths, got a B as AS). What happens if I get AAAB, A*AAB or A*A*AB (in the order of the subjects listed)? It's pretty unlikely I'd get 2 A*s but it's still a possibility. Would I still have some options open? Some universities don't seem to strictly mention A in Chemistry, which is why I'm hoping I might have some options open even with a B in Chemistry. I know a typical offer is AAA but does it always include Chemistry?
(edited 10 years ago)
Keele accepts A*AB, a couple of places will accept Biology with a science for your AAA such as Imperial
Reply 2
Original post by Helloworld_95
Keele accepts A*AB, a couple of places will accept Biology with a science for your AAA such as Imperial

Are you sure about Imperial? I thought they needed an A in Chemistry. And thanks. :smile:
Reply 3
Keele accept A*AB
Retake and apply to those few med schools which accept retakes students- however no Jan exams means you'll have to do it in June
Access to Medicine course
Medicine Abroad
Graduate entry (last last option)
Original post by cat-lover
Are you sure about Imperial? I thought they needed an A in Chemistry. And thanks. :smile:

Nope, AAAb or AAAC including Chemistry and/or Biology with one other science subject or maths
Reply 5
Original post by Helloworld_95
Nope, AAAb or AAAC including Chemistry and/or Biology with one other science subject or maths

Ahh, alright, thanks. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by MedMed12
Keele accept A*AB
Retake and apply to those few med schools which accept retakes students- however no Jan exams means you'll have to do it in June
Access to Medicine course
Medicine Abroad
Graduate entry (last last option)

Thanks. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending