The Student Room Group

SIdCup driving test centre

i fail my exam in hither green, last week and i havent chance found the same centre date .. i booked in SIDCUP ... do you know something about this centre?? any tips ?? :smile:
Have sent you a PM
Reply 2
I booked a driving test for August at Sidcup center but not so familiar with the area. I have heard that Erith and Belvedere are less complicated but they don't have a date for when I want. Has anyone taken a test at Sidcup before or have any advise?
Original post by DeltaD
I booked a driving test for August at Sidcup center but not so familiar with the area. I have heard that Erith and Belvedere are less complicated but they don't have a date for when I want. Has anyone taken a test at Sidcup before or have any advise?

Have sent you a PM...
Reply 4
Original post by Emma-Ashley
Have sent you a PM...

Thanks for the PM really helpful
Reply 5
Original post by DeltaD
Thanks for the PM really helpful

Hello, I have a test in the sidcup centre on Friday. Any tips will be greatly appreciated :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Reem_m
Hello, I have a test in the sidcup centre on Friday. Any tips will be greatly appreciated :smile:

There's a set of bays, so you may get asked to do a bay park at the start or end of the test. In the test centre itself, there are quite a few sharpish corners, so watch out for scraping/hitting kerbs. The road that takes you from the centre back to the main road is (although wide) a 20, make sure you don't fail for speeding before you've started properly driving! Apart from that, there are too many routes they could pick, so most advice probably won't apply much, but I think quite a few take in the massive multilane roundabout Crittall's Corner, where you need to be really careful with lane positioning on the approach.

Hope this is useful :smile:
Original post by ASK959
The road that takes you from the centre back to the main road is (although wide) a 20, make sure you don't fail for speeding before you've started properly driving! Apart from that, there are too many routes they could pick, so most advice probably won't apply much, but I think quite a few take in the massive multilane roundabout Crittall's Corner, where you need to be really careful with lane positioning on the approach.

Hope this is useful :smile:

Err...15 actually :colondollar:

Crittall's Corner is a pussy :smile:
Reply 8
Can you please PM me your tips and hints?!
Reply 9
Can i have a pm as well for hints and tips? Many thanks, burcu
Reply 10
The road out of the centre leads to a roundabout that is notoriously difficult for learners, usually because it's pretty busy and resistance between your exit and the previous exit is pretty small. With that in mind it would be best to take the test when the roads are quieter, that'll help with critall's corner as well. Apart from that, there are a few narrow roads in sidcup that you'll most likely go down, so just be a bit careful. I had to do a 'turn in the road' on one of them, did it in 5 turns and got a minor because it wasn't done in 3. Makes me question why they don't just call it a three point turn but oh well.

If you aren't confident with roundabouts yet ask your instructor to let you practise them until you are.

Loads of people don't even know how to use roundabouts and they've passed, especially critall's corner, so also be aware of other drivers and their lane positioning, hopefully it won't happen but you may get cut up by someone.

Hope I helped a bit, good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I don't know whether to book my test at sidcup or west wickham? Anyone have any advice?
Just watch there is a tricky yellow box junction in the st mary cray area and daughter was failed by not going into it and waiting to turn right when her exit from the box was not clear make sure you practice the south side of a20 as lots of small complicated roads that side
Wouldn't have chose sidcup tbh. Probably one of the hardest course but if you're a decent driver, you'll be fine
Reply 14
I have my driving test at sidcup next tuesday, any hints and tips?
Reply 15
I failed my test today , for not getting in the corect lane exiting the A20
Any tips for next test
Original post by Eliana78
I failed my test today , for not getting in the corect lane exiting the A20
Any tips for next test

Get in the correct lane for exiting the A20 would be a start.
Reply 17
Can you please PM me your tips and hints?!
Any tips for sidcup test centre
Can you please pm me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending