The Student Room Group

Do I stay or go?

I am starting to look at unis as I will start in September 2014, I want to study media so I'm mainly looking at unis in London such as Westminster and Ravensborne. I currently have a job, live at home and have a long term relationship. I could either stay at home and study at south Essex which is a pretty good uni and keep my job and maybe live with a friend or my boyfriend or I could go to London - to a better uni but I don't know whether I would stay up there or live at home?
Any advice would be appreciated, thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Depending on where in essex you're from it may be easier / cheaper to live in Essex and travel. I lived in Essex and travelled to Greenwich and didn't cost too much.
Reply 2
It's obviously cheaper to stay at home, far more easier to keep your job than to find another one and you are around your family, friends and boyfriend. But it depends on what kind of experience you want at uni, I stayed at home for the first part of my degree and it was incredibly boring. However if you plan on moving out anyway you still get that independence.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I live in Southend so right near south Essex uni and I live by the Southend east train line so central London unis wouldn't be too far. It's more my boyfriend I'm concerned about as me and my parents don't always see eye to eye and I have to pay rent anyway so I would try to move out if I stayed down here. It's the easier option to stay here because of my job but the other uni is better, but would I be missing out on a lot if I lived here and went ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending